The economics of trees

Old November 13th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The economics of trees

The McCarthyite fascist and sexist John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:06:48 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute wrote:

[quoting another person]

"Nobody presents as dramatic, as overwhelming an example as Andre
does every time. "

I don't know whether your frankness about how great you think you are
is admirable or not, but it's noteworthy that you are quite full of
yourself. *

Not difficult to shine around worthless trash like you, John Forrest
Tomlinson. You're a clown of zero visible achievement who needs three
names to know who you are. How could even a worm not shine when
compared to you?

Andre Jute
Zero tolerance for pretend-liberals
Old November 13th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Nov 13, 3:28 pm, Peter Cole wrote:

Don't take it too seriously.

Grow a sense of humour, Cole.

About genocide? No, I don't think so.

Andre Jute
There are lies, damned lies and Wikipedia

Refute away...
Old November 13th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

"Andre Jute" wrote in message

I shall soon become an expert on the place I
lived in almost thirty years.

30 years, you claim to enjoy cooking, and you don't know one of the more
Irish of foods. That's pretty darned dim.

Old November 13th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:11:35 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute
wrote:

The McCarthyite fascist and sexist John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:06:48 -0800 (PST), Andre Jute wrote:

[quoting another person]

"Nobody presents as dramatic, as overwhelming an example as Andre
does every time. "

I don't know whether your frankness about how great you think you are
is admirable or not, but it's noteworthy that you are quite full of
yourself. *

Not difficult to shine around worthless trash like you, John Forrest
Tomlinson. You're a clown of zero visible achievement who needs three
names to know who you are. How could even a worm not shine when
compared to you?

Thanks.

I would just add that posting compliments about oneself is like a sign
of insecurity - you should be aware of that. Perhaps you already are.
Old November 13th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Nov 13, 8:13 pm, "Clive George" wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message

The characteristic Irish bread is called "soda-bread" and is a flat
circle or half-circle. I don't know if there is soda in it, but the
shape is just right for baking on a stone.

You really don't know? It's bread made with sodium bicarbonate as a raising
agent rather than yeast. The wikipedia article on it explains why - it's
about what flour you can get.

One of the joys of the internet is the number of people who know
anything you want to know or who will look up anything you admit not
knowing. Not to mention crowds of folk who hang around hoping someone
will make an error they can correct so that they can look like big
men. There was one bunch on rec.audio.tubes, entirely hostile to me,
that I used like research assistants for years on end; since it all
happens in public, their errors, which were many (including some
deliberately made in the hope that I would electrocute myself), were
strained through the communal knowledge of the majority of goodwill on
the conference. Keep it up, Clive. With your help and Peter Cole's (as
soon as he is weaned of his juvenile attachment to the horrendously
inaccurate Wikipedia) I shall soon become an expert on the place I
lived in almost thirty years.

You should be embarrassed to know so little about it.

Why is the only source you cite yourself?

Andre Jute
Effort is at a minimum when someone else does for you

But, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

As far as soda bread, I learned to make that at my great-aunt's knee. I
also learned a bunch of other traditional (Irish) cooking techniques
like thickening pudding with seaweed and cooking various fish and
shellfish. That bit about Irish and fish was a real howler.
Old November 13th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 13, 11:22*pm, Peter Cole wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
On Nov 13, 3:28 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
Don't take it too seriously.

Grow a sense of humour, Cole.

About genocide? No, I don't think so.

Andre Jute
There are lies, damned lies and Wikipedia

Refute away...

Lighten up, Colesy; there's nothing to refute. We're on the same side
here. I was rather enjoying you doing all that hard googling to fill
in the details in my brief outline account. -- Andre Jute
Old November 13th 08, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole[_2_]

Andre Jute wrote:
On Nov 13, 3:28 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
Don't take it too seriously.
Grow a sense of humour, Cole.

About genocide? No, I don't think so.

Andre Jute
There are lies, damned lies and Wikipedia

Refute away...

Lighten up, Colesy; there's nothing to refute. We're on the same side
here. I was rather enjoying you doing all that hard googling to fill
in the details in my brief outline account. -- Andre Jute

Consider it my gift to you.
Old November 14th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Nov 13, 11:23*pm, "Clive George" wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message

I shall soon become an expert on the place I
lived in almost thirty years.

30 years, you claim to enjoy cooking, and you don't know one of the more
Irish of foods. That's pretty darned dim.

Cooking, pal, not baking. I cook one-pot dishes, I don't do
patisserie. See http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/FOOD.html

Andre Jute

Old November 14th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

"Andre Jute" wrote in message

[...]

Why? Because you say so, Peter Cole? You're wanking, man.

Why is the only source you cite yourself?

I was just explaining to Clive that I am never short of volunteers to
look up stuff for me. As you've just proved, over and over, in this
thread. Thanks, Peter.

Why is the only source you cite yourself?

Why do you lie so, Peter Cole. You're on record within the last week
or two as foaming at the mouth because I cited the distinguished
historian Paul Johnson, of whom apparently you don't approve.

Andre Jute
Effort is at a minimum when someone else does for you

But, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Sure, something important. But knowing about sodabread isn't important
except to professional Irishmen of your type.

As far as soda bread,

As far as soda bread, what? As? As goes? Or do you mean, As for soda
bread?

I learned to make that at my great-aunt's knee.

Congratulations.

also learned a bunch of other traditional (Irish) cooking techniques
like thickening pudding with seaweed and cooking various fish and
shellfish.

Once more congratulations.

That bit about Irish and fish was a real howler.

Then you'll have no difficulty proving that fish from the rivers or
the seas were eaten by the Irish peasants to alleviate starvation. Go
for it, Colesy, we're waiting.

Andre Jute
Waiting, waiting, waiting for Colesy

testing and Economics Charles[_2_] Racing 1 October 23rd 08 12:21 AM
Economics as if people mattered: suddenly, small is beautiful again..... [email protected] UK 0 December 1st 06 11:16 PM
SPD economics Zog The Undeniable UK 6 May 10th 05 09:41 PM
"Nobel laureate (in Economics) calls for steeper tax cuts in US" Steve Racing 223 November 7th 04 11:36 PM
Economics of Custom Frame Building in non Ferrous Materials AndyMorris Techniques 29 August 29th 03 02:23 PM