EVEN MORE ERD ERD

Old November 15th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default EVEN MORE ERD ERD

ERD ERD

DOH BOY greeted with an offer for rehashing ERD. Bummer.
The last foray into the wilds of ERD shudda spread the word like that
was the purpose, no?
What is ERD good for ? Well, ERD is good for a math trajectory into
wheel design. Also, the math establishes a need for Jobst Brandt.
When de Comte invented the bicycle did he use math or what ?
No problem right ?
Now, I’m criticized for bicycle rocket science in that I replace
bearings when repacking.
And I tried ERD as a benchmark. Why ? CAWS ORDERING SPOKE AND RIM MAIL
ORDER AT THE SAME TIME SAVES WHAT ???? SHIPPING COSTS !!!
EEEYYAAYAAHAHAHAHAH GOOD LUCK A**H*** !
Divinity deleted talk about screwing yourself.
I went over to Mike the Bike at Roast Schwine. Mike’s Trek Spoc Calc
had problems with a double wall rim but following a good beating the
software coughed up the numbers
WHICH WERE TOO LONG !! Yo Jobst…
FRANK BERTO writing thru Rodale, who died doing Cavett, went thru all
the necessary stuff for the beginner bike mechanic like the Japanese
standardized parts. A big relief.
He then introduced me to the wheel beam on which spoke lengths are
measured, tested in a group of 8, then the poor wheel is laced on the
beam giving proper dish.
BERTO and his girl friend got their photo in Bike Mag a coupla years
ago and last herd had a shop in Marin County.
http://www.hadland.me.uk/page35.htm
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rch&aq=f &oq=

A librarian at Palm Beach gave me that book.
The big deal here is the modern bicycle comes before the IC vehicle
and after the wagon. Ask the man on the frozen lake, is this time for
rocket science ?
Wrong era. Wagon wheels are not constructed via math constructs. Wagon
wheels are layed out on a beam and hacked into reality.
This here ERD ERD? hunt goes way over the top for what’s needed when
all ya gotta do is place the rim ona wooden beam, shim it up to dish
height then measure from rim to hub or use a metal rod, mark the rod
and then measure.
Further, ERD ERD? Is a standard, JB’s contribution to standard mass
hysteria, good for proceeding with guesswork as to what nipple, rim,
hub and personal wheel building technique or lack thereof is deducted
to arrive at a length actually useable for wheel building. ERD breeds
gueeswork. EEEEYAHAHAYAHAYAAAAHA ERK.
NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS. Ura gonna ask the weasel in mail order to figure
this out in his head? EYYAYAHHAYHAHAHA.
THINK WAGON WHEEL LITTLE HOUSE ON THE WHAT CIVIL WAR GOODYEAR THROWING
ALUM AND BAT’S EARS INTO A FRYING PAN…..
WHEEL BEAM. Anyone find a web description ?
Bicycling magazine's complete guide to upgrading your bike
By Frank J. Berto
Published by Rodale Press, 1988
ISBN 0878577513, 9780878577514
308 pages

Old November 15th 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

ago and last herd had a shop in Marin County.http://www.hadland.me.uk/page35.htmh...oogle+Search&a...

[...]

Firstly, Gene, I find your prose opaque. I pride myself on my ability
to parse engineer-speak (duuds really aren't equipped to produce
accessible prose) but you raise the art of opacity to new heights.

So I am going to respond to what I THINK you intended. I don't give a
crap about what others have to say about ERD when it comes to my wheel
building. Works for me. YMMV.

If it doesn't work for you, try something else.

As for the rest of your mad ravings, I say.... MEH.

My wife teaches immigrants grammar and writing. If you wish, we can
set you up with some web-based instruction in the art of written
communication.

D'ohBoy
Old November 15th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

D'ohBoy wrote:
Firstly, Gene, I find your prose opaque. I pride myself on my ability
to parse engineer-speak (duuds really aren't equipped to produce
accessible prose) but you raise the art of opacity to new heights.

So I am going to respond to what I THINK you intended. I don't give a
crap about what others have to say about ERD when it comes to my wheel
building. Works for me. YMMV.

If it doesn't work for you, try something else.

As for the rest of your mad ravings, I say.... MEH.

My wife teaches immigrants grammar and writing. If you wish, we can
set you up with some web-based instruction in the art of written
communication.

Dear Mr D'oh
Please don't diss our Oracle.

(p.s. the above isn't mere 'prose', It's the actual logos, The Word Of
Gene fer chrissakes! You wouldn't charge The Pythoness with opacity,
would you? )
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old November 15th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Gene Daniels wrote:

ERD ERD

DOH BOY greeted with an offer for rehashing ERD. Bummer. The last
foray into the wilds of ERD shudda spread the word like that was the
purpose, no?

What is ERD good for? Well, ERD is good for a math trajectory into
wheel design. Also, the math establishes a need for Jobst Brandt.
When de Comte invented the bicycle did he use math or what? No
problem right? Now, I'm criticized for bicycle rocket science in
that I replace bearings when repacking. And I tried ERD as a
benchmark. Why? CAWS ORDERING SPOKE AND RIM MAIL ORDER AT THE SAME
TIME SAVES WHAT? ??? SHIPPING COSTS !!!

Get serious. With ERD you can determine the correct spoke length for
any desired cross pattern. Without it, you are at the mercy of
guesstimating. Why are you so opposed to calculating spoke length?

EEEYYAAYAAHAHAHAHAH GOOD LUCK A**H***!

Divinity deleted talk about screwing yourself. I went over to Mike
the Bike at Roast Schwine. Mike's Trek Spoc Calc had problems with
a double wall rim but following a good beating the software coughed
up the numbers

I see you don't understand ERD (Effective Rim Diameter), which is the
diameter to which the threaded end of the spoke is to protrude, a
radial measure. There is a book that explains this unambiguously.

WHICH WERE TOO LONG! Yo Jobst _ FRANK BERTO writing thru Rodale who
died doing Cavett, went thru all the necessary stuff for the
beginner bike mechanic like the Japanese standardized parts. A big
relief. He then introduced me to the wheel beam on which spoke
lengths are measured, tested in a group of 8, then the poor wheel is
laced on the beam giving proper dish. BERTO and his girl friend got
their photo in Bike Mag a coupla years ago and last herd had a shop
in Marin County.

A librarian at Palm Beach gave me that book.

What book?

The big deal here is the modern bicycle comes before the IC vehicle
and after the wagon. Ask the man on the frozen lake, is this time
for rocket science?

Wrong era. Wagon wheels are not constructed via math constructs.
Wagon wheels are layed out on a beam and hacked into reality.

Maybe you can describe this "beam" and how it is used to build bicycle
wheels, considering I have never seen any "beam" used in that process.

This here ERD ERD? hunt goes way over the top for what's needed when
all ya gotta do is place the rim ona wooden beam, shim it up to dish
height then measure from rim to hub or use a metal rod, mark the rod
and then measure.

Dish dies not affect ERD. Lateral spoke angles being small (6°}
enough to not affect spoke length, the cosine of such angles being
0.99+, or essentially the same as no dish, which is 1.000.

Further, ERD ERD? Is a standard, JB's contribution to standard mass
hysteria, good for proceeding with guesswork as to what nipple, rim,
hub and personal wheel building technique or lack thereof is deducted
to arrive at a length actually useable for wheel building. ERD breeds
gueeswork. EEEEYAHAHAYAHAYAAAAHA ERK.

I had no idea you were a hysteric Luddite. Trigonometry gets into
many everyday evaluations although you may not be aware of it.

NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS. Ura gonna ask the weasel in mail order to figure
this out in his head? EYYAYAHHAYHAHAHA.

THINK WAGON WHEEL LITTLE HOUSE ON THE WHAT CIVIL WAR GOODYEAR THROWING
ALUM AND BAT'S EARS INTO A FRYING PAN…..
WHEEL BEAM. Anyone find a web description?

You are trying hard to sound mentally unstable. You may be winning.

Jobst Brandt
Old November 15th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

BUY THE RIM
BUY THE HUB
RIP AH TUBA OUTTA THE WALL
PLACE RIM AND HUB ON THE TUBAH
BUY A MEASURING DEVICE AT WALMART
MEASURE THE SPOKE LENGTH
BUY 8 SPOKES OF THIS LENGTH
INSERT INTO PROTO WHEEL

this is difficult ?

whaddya spatially disoriented ?
Old November 15th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

ERD is like Ozark using gps to get to his naybors outhouse
Old November 15th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

gotta be a disease !
I'll go look

let's see where my tape....
NOBODY MOVE
WHERE'S THE %^%$ggyy TAPE ??
Old November 15th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

ERD ERD

DOH BOY greeted with an offer for rehashing ERD. Bummer.
The last foray into the wilds of ERD shudda spread the word like that
was the purpose, no?
What is ERD good for ? Well, ERD is good for a math trajectory into
wheel design. Also, the math establishes a need for Jobst Brandt.

"jim beam" and "Ozark Bicycle" will be disappointed at the mathematical
necessity of Jobst.

[...]

Er http://www.velomobiling.com/gallery/MNHPVA/2007IceBike/.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 15th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

TRY THIS ONE ?

http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journ.../45.4frey.html
Old November 15th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

datakoll aka gene daniels wrote:

gotta be a disease !
I'll go look

let's see where my tape....
NOBODY MOVE
WHERE'S THE %^%$ggyy TAPE ??

Ask the men in the white van parked out in the street.