Hayes frame mount / Gary Fisher

Old October 19th 04, 02:18 AM
Andy R.

Default Hayes frame mount / Gary Fisher

Has anyone mounted Hayes HFX comp disc brakes or any Hays disc's on a
Gary Fisher frame(mine is a 2003 Big Sur)? If so, what kind of adapter
do you need? I searched the web, news groups and could not find any
info except from the Fisher site, which just gave a part number (87855)
and said it would work. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of
this part working? Will it work with the Hayes mounting? If I read
properly, Hayes does not use the IS standard for disc mounting. Thanks.
Old October 19th 04, 07:11 PM
OMaurizio

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 01:18:12 GMT, "Andy R."
wrote:

Has anyone mounted Hayes HFX comp disc brakes or any Hays disc's on a
Gary Fisher frame(mine is a 2003 Big Sur)? If so, what kind of adapter
do you need? I searched the web, news groups and could not find any
info except from the Fisher site, which just gave a part number (87855)
and said it would work. Does anybody have any first hand knowledge of
this part working? Will it work with the Hayes mounting? If I read
properly, Hayes does not use the IS standard for disc mounting. Thanks.

Hi from Italy
The adapter changes as the disc diameter changes.
Look here http://www.hayesdiscbrake.com/tech.cfm and open a PDF
document under Full Installation, Maintenance, and Service Manual.
I think that the one tha fits is P.Number 98-15073 (it fits on almost
all bikes that have IS mounts with 6" rotors).
Hayes uses adapers everywhere except on Manitou forks that get post
mounts from factory and not IS
Bye
Maurizio