Adentures at the Loco Bike Shop or how to go out of business. (Rant & request for Mail Order)

Old August 10th 03, 12:09 AM
Peter

Default Adentures at the Loco Bike Shop or how to go out of business. (Rant & request for Mail Order)

Went into the Loco Bike Shop today to order a Campagnolo
Veloce/DaytonaTriple crankset about $180 Canadian and a Mirage Triple
bottom bracket about $30 Canadian. Imagine my surprise when I was
informed I would have to buy Chorus in order to get a triple. I don't
know the price of the crankset but the Chorus Triple bb is $114
Canadian.

I want to repack my Exage road hubs and ordered 1 set of front cones
and bearings and 1 set of rear cones and bearings. Guess what. Only
the cones came in. No problem I think and pay for the 4 cones in the
package. To add insult to injury they were all front cones. In order
to get 2 rear cones he wants me to pay for 4 cones as that is how they
come packaged. I can't imagine what the bearings will cost if they too
are multiple sets. Meanwhile what does the owner expect me to do with
the extras?

In my opinion this is NOT a good way to attract repeat customers or to
stay in business.

Anyone here do mail order to Canada? Serious about that folks. It
would be easier to get the parts from the US than to dicker around
with the loco shops.
Old August 10th 03, 04:04 AM
alonzo lewis

Here is a mail order site to check out for the parts you seek.
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi

om...

Old August 10th 03, 12:50 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

"alonzo lewis" wrote in message

Here is a mail order site to check out for the parts you seek.
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi

It there a relationship between this company and Loose Screws? They
use the same web designer it seems, at least.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

Old August 10th 03, 02:07 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

prekow- Went into the Loco Bike Shop today to order a Campagnolo
Veloce/DaytonaTriple crankset about $180 Canadian and a Mirage Triple
bottom bracket about $30 Canadian. Imagine my surprise when I was
informed I would have to buy Chorus in order to get a triple. BRBR

Should be surprized as ya don't need this one and the BB really isn't
compatible either...

I don't
know the price of the crankset but the Chorus Triple bb is $114
Canadian. BRBR

There is no Chorus triple crank for 2003...Centaur, Veloce, Mirage and Record
only..Record uses a Record or Chorus BB...all the others use a AC-H BB...

To add insult to injury they were all front cones. In order
to get 2 rear cones he wants me to pay for 4 cones as that is how they
come packaged. BRBR

Nope, they come as singles...at least from my supplier and bearing balls are
$.10US each...

Anyone here do mail order to Canada? Serious about that folks. BRBR

I can send ya anything ya need...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 11th 03, 02:48 AM
Peter

Anyone here do mail order to Canada? Serious about that folks. BRBR

I can send ya anything ya need...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Thanks very much Peter. Can you tell me what the difference is between
the Mirage and Veloce triple cranksets quality wise ie. weight, finish
and durability = lifetime of the rings. ? My catalogue is from 2000
and the Mirage triple crankset is listed as being Veloce although the
bb # is 5C-5 (product Number?). I'll need the 115.5 mm spindle. Mirage
bb weight for the 5C-5 bb spindle length 111 mm is 358 grams for the
Veloce AC-5 the weight is given as 299 grams. The AC-5 Veloce bb has
aluminum cups. Are these as durable/long lasting as the steel cups of
the 5C-5 unit? Please don't tell me to go to the Campagnolo website as
I e-mailed them an information request re. the Mirage and Centaur
front derailleurs on July 11 and only received a reply on August 8
which only said the materials were different but not how or
durability.

I also need to know the price of the Mirage & Veloce triple cranksets
170 mm cranks and 30-40-50 teeth chainrings, the AC-5 bb with 115.5 mm
spindle & aluminum cups & the 5C-5 bb with steel cups plus the
shipping cost.

Oops! Almost forgot to ask does Campy make either a single or dual
pivot brake caliper with a 57 mm reach?

Once again everyone my sincerest thanks.
Old August 11th 03, 06:23 PM
Gary Young

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message ...
"alonzo lewis" wrote in message

Here is a mail order site to check out for the parts you seek.
http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi

It there a relationship between this company and Loose Screws? They
use the same web designer it seems, at least.

JT

At one point Loose Screws was going to go out of business altogether.
I think (but am not certain) that they sold their tool business to
biketoolsetc. Later Loose Screws decided to keep a small internet
business going in spare parts. I've been very pleased by the service
at Biketoolsetc.

Bike Stores Endangerd Because of Super Chain Stores? James Lynx General 112 June 5th 04 01:22 PM
LAB? David L. Johnson General 171 April 3rd 04 09:13 PM
How old were you when you got your first really nice bike? Brink General 43 November 13th 03 10:49 AM
my new bike Marian Rosenberg General 5 October 19th 03 03:00 PM