this newsgroup's URL

Old August 16th 03, 10:10 PM
Steve Fox

Default this newsgroup's URL

If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

--
Steve Fox
McKinleyville, CA

Old August 17th 03, 01:47 AM
Cletus D. Lee

In article e7x%a.660$n94.516@fed1read04, says...
If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

The news:// hyperlink needs to point to the name of a news server not a
news group.
Like
news://news.individual.net/ You still need to subscribe to the NG
on that server and you still need access right to the news server.

--
Cletus D. Lee
Bacchetta Giro

Old August 17th 03, 02:17 AM
john riley

Steve Fox wrote in message news:e7x%a.660$n94.516@fed1read04...
If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Try:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...umbent&spell=1

or:

http://www.cyclingforums.com/forumdi... f&forumid=59

Old August 17th 03, 04:17 AM
Bill Anton

Steve Fox wrote in message news:e7x%a.660$n94.516@fed1read04...
If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Try this URL:

http://groups.google.com/groups?grou...cles.recumbent

Old August 19th 03, 08:42 PM
Giolla Decair

previously Steve Fox may have written article
e7x%a.660$n94.516@fed1read04 saying:
If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

That is correct. However you need to have a news server defined. Just
tried it with lynx and came straight here.

Alternatively you can specify an exact server using:
nntp://name_of_newsserver/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

--
Giolla Decair
"Missed it

Old August 19th 03, 08:43 PM
Giolla Decair

previously Bill Anton may have written article
saying:
Steve Fox wrote in message news:e7x%a.660$n94.516@fed1read04...
If you want to provide this newsgroup as a hyperlink, how is that
written? My though is that it's: news:alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent. But
that doesn't seem to work.

[snip]
Try this URL:
http://groups.google.com/groups?grou...cles.recumbent

Peh. That's a link to a web server not to a newsgroup.
Just 'cos google provides a web interface to usenet doesn't make it
the correct way to link to usenet. Just as you wouldn't /* I hope */
provide an e-mail link by linking to hotmail.

--
Giolla "I remember when it wasn't september" Decair