on Bush and his crashes

Old August 2nd 04, 03:07 AM
Fx199

Default on Bush and his crashes

Subject: on Bush and his crashes
From: (Kurt Tappe)
Date: 8/1/2004 2:28 PM US Eastern Standard Time
I'm no Bush fan, but at least he's riding. And for off-road riding,
if you don't crash every now and then you're not riding hard enough.
:-)

-Kurt

Yeah.."a 3 inch cut above his knee"

WOW, alert the media

Kerry's calves look OK, his quads are plain puny
Old August 2nd 04, 03:47 AM
Tom Sherman

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Tom Sherman wrote:

Robert wrote:

(pls - for us on the wrong side of the pond - who's Fabrizio?)

Fabrizio Mazzoleni is the defending champion of the Tour de Farce.

Tour de R?es. Check the archives.

I should know, I'm the president of the fan club,

Fabby has also done some track racing.
See http://www.ihpva.org/Land/chicken.jpg for a picture.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 2nd 04, 04:05 AM
Werehatrack

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 18:52:36 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Mark Hickey wrote:

What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

Who said Dick Cheney was stupid?

Bingo.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old August 2nd 04, 05:36 AM
A Muzi

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:56:14 GMT, "mark"
wrote:
In their subtle way, I think they're trying to say GWB's not real smart,
period.

Werehatrack wrote:
It takes subtlety to *not* say it. It takes blindness to not see it.

Mark Hickey wrote:
What does it take to truly believe that a truly dumb person could
actually rise to the most powerful position on earth?

He was underestimated in the election for his first term, too.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old August 2nd 04, 07:44 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:23:52 -0000, foldedpath

wrote:

RonSonic wrote in
:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/20...cgr02ready.htm

Never have I seen a leg/bike ratio like that.

Ron

I think that's a bit of optical distortion, from a wide-angle lens aimed
slightly downwards. Makes the bike look too small. Here's a shot from a
different angle, longer lens:

The fisheye's one thing, but isn't why his calf is smaller than the water
bottle
- it's closer to the camera..

http://tinyurl.com/44bq3

Better shot, but doesn't change much, still looks like a doofus and still has
no
legs. At least he's got enough tan to avoid the "flourescent tubes with hair"
look.

Given that Kerry is, ohhh, 60 years old and not doing Master's races, I
would say his legs are fine.

But dude's gotta shave his legs. That's just not a proper roadie look.

I've got Fabrizio's back,
--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old August 2nd 04, 10:53 AM
Robert

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
---8----cutting texts from previous contributors ----
I'm tempted to read more into Kerry's repeatedly blaming sporting
mishaps on his security detail, which actually has a tad more chance of
giving some character insight than assuming Bush is the reason his SS
men keep getting hurt.

---8---
I think I missed that - do you have any links? Good point.
/Robert

Old August 2nd 04, 03:03 PM
Don Wagner

"Pat" wrote:
That's the basic stuff. Now, where you get from that to "asserting virility"
and "burning his riding mates off the peloton all the time" I don't know.

If you wanted to make a case for a President displaying virility,
there were shots of Ronnie chopping wood back in the 1980's.
Obviously staged, but the guy was doing the work, you know?

You also have to realize that Bush and Reagan lived and associated
themselves with US states that are a bit more rugged and outdoorsy
then others. MTB beginners get banged up a lot at first.

This reminds me of the letter writer who wrote to the editor that because
John Kerry didn't throw a perfect strike at that baseball game, that meant
he "couldn't be trusted to complete anything."

He threw that ball like a Girl Scout...a weak armed Girl Scout at
that.
--Don--
The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old August 2nd 04, 05:18 PM
S o r n i

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

Given that Kerry is, ohhh, 60 years old and not doing Master's races,
I would say his legs are fine.

But dude's gotta shave his legs. That's just not a proper roadie look.

I've got Fabrizio's back,

You shave Fab's BACK?!?

Bill "EEEEWWWwwwwwwwwwww" S.

Old August 2nd 04, 05:29 PM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Robert wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
---8----cutting texts from previous contributors ----
I'm tempted to read more into Kerry's repeatedly blaming sporting
mishaps on his security detail, which actually has a tad more chance of
giving some character insight than assuming Bush is the reason his SS
men keep getting hurt.

---8---
I think I missed that - do you have any links? Good point.
/Robert

The NYT account of the snowboarding fall:

http://tinyurl.com/3v88u

Kerry's bike fall:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...dent/2004-05-0
2-kerry-bike_x.htm

My bad: I can't find any accounts in which he blames others for the bike
fall.

Old August 2nd 04, 06:50 PM
Robert

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

In article ,
Robert wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
---8----cutting texts from previous contributors ----

I'm tempted to read more into Kerry's repeatedly blaming sporting
mishaps on his security detail, which actually has a tad more chance of
giving some character insight than assuming Bush is the reason his SS
men keep getting hurt.

---8---
I think I missed that - do you have any links? Good point.
/Robert

The NYT account of the snowboarding fall:

http://tinyurl.com/3v88u

Kerry's bike fall:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...dent/2004-05-0
2-kerry-bike_x.htm

My bad: I can't find any accounts in which he blames others for the bike
fall.

Interesting point you make, though. Kerry was probably in a sh*tty frame
of mind in general during that trip to the snow. Is he then in the habit
of blaming others when he's feeling down? Let's just hope that the
Secret Service skier really _did_ klutz it up and ran into Kerry.

Question is then, if one were offered a guest bike ride with either Bush
or Kerry, what would be the better ride, given equally good scenery?

/Robert