Firecrackers!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19th 04, 03:50 PM
Karen M.

Default Firecrackers!

Hi folks--
This really takes the cake...some teen weenie threw a strand of
firecrackers at me Thursday evening.

I was riding up Wayne Road in Westland (Detroit 'burb). A small red
car passed, and I saw something sail out of the passenger's hand. It
was smoking, so I guessed a cigarette. Then it landed in the lane as
my front wheel rolled past, and I realized that it was a cluster of
short red paper sticks. The brain said "pour it on before it
explodes!" and I did; it went off as the car behind me passed it.

The driver had to slow for a traffic light, enabling me to
**almost** get close enough to see the tag. But they were watching me,
and did an emergency turn down a side street.

Yes, I called the cops.

Of all the stupid, bonehead, malicious things to do...I'm sure it
was a spur of the moment idea, but I could have been hurt. Another
driver could have been hurt, Heck, if the passenger hadn't tossed them
far enough, he could have been hurt (in my dreams).

I have buddies who are reporters for the two Detroit newspapers,
but I am reluctant to tell them about this incident (although it would
make them a great story) because of copycat ramifications.

Geeze louise.

--Karen M.
PO'ed at teenagers