Colnago Precisa Steel Fork advice

Old September 7th 03, 01:19 PM
Bruce Gilbert

Default Colnago Precisa Steel Fork advice

I have a Master Extra Light with a steel fork. Recently I tried a friend's
Technos with a carbon fork. There was a huge difference. Both bikes are the
same size. For some reason, my Master Light gave me the impression of being
more stable with a better road feel. Can I possibly be less scientific here?
Still, it just felt better to me.

Bruce

"John Gordon" wrote in message
. edu.au...
On 26 Aug 2003 06:58:38 -0700, Rik O'Shea wrote:

Can anyone tell me the approx weigth of the Colnago Precisa Steel Fork ?

I am currently trying to decide on buying a Colnago Asso frame with the
option of upgrading the above steel fork to a carbon fork.

I am seeking advice on whether to upgrade to a carbon fork or stick with
the steel fork.

I think it's in the range of 700 grams or so. The Colnago carbon forks

range
from 300 to 400 grams IIRC. I've got the steel fork on my Tecnos and
absolutely love the ride and feeling of precision (the fork is well

named).
On my C 40 I've got the carbon Star fork. It too is excellent, but I
actually prefer the ride quality of the steel fork eventhough the C 40 as

package is more comfortable, to me, on rougher roads. Either way you

cannot
lose, unless you put a premium on lighter weight. I suggest you ask your

LBS
for a test ride on a steel Colnago with each type of fork.

Cheers,
John Gordon