A good Win 98 SE newsgroup? OT O.T.

Old March 9th 04, 07:58 AM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Default A good Win 98 SE newsgroup? OT O.T.

Frank P. Patterson wrote:

My wife is a professional IT administrator. Has been a programmer. Rides
a 19lb (8.7Kg) Columbine [should have raced]. Recommendation is to get
an up to date laptop with XP and forget partitioning and DOS.
Pathfinder must be a legacy DOS item. Windows 95 was better than 98 or
Melinia. But what do I know...I'm a carpenter.

I guess YMMV because I don't agree that a person should replace their
home computer if they are happy with it and it works well. Maybe a
business can justify the expense, but not every human being can for
their own personal use.

I bet "Pathfinder" is Windows Explorer, not a legacy DOS item.

Melinda, who loves DOS and still uses some DOS programs that still work
perfectly well, adored IBM S/370 OS/VS2 MVS JCL mainframes run with
punchcard images that she did application programming on before she had
small fry, thought Win95 was a piece of sewage, thinks Win98SE is okay,
and hates the WinME on her elderly neighbor's computer that she helps
him with

--
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
Old March 10th 04, 01:47 AM
Tom Sherman

Christopher Jordan wrote:

I also had a strange problem, and left A.R.B.R. rather hastily. See,
I thought I was allergic to OT posts. I guess not! How refreshing to
take a quick look and only finding this single OT post here; and one
with a plea for advice!...

Those trike owners will soon start up with their off-topic postings
again.

Tom Sherman - Blue Earth Cycles Dragonflyer