Mountain Biker Cracks a Rib and Punctures His Lung

Old April 20th 10, 12:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default Mountain Biker Cracks a Rib and Punctures His Lung

Bicyclists claim to want equal treatment, but I haven't heard any of
them asking to be required to file an accident report when they have
an injury-causing accident, the way motor vehicle drivers are required
to do so!!! Maybe that requirement would help the authorities properly
assess the impacts of mountain biking!

Mike

From: "PETERSON, PRESTON J (ATTSI)"
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:00:18 -0700
Subject: Doug Walsh steppin' up

As the head of the ride leader development program Doug doesn't just
talk, he walks the walk.

Only an hour into yesterday's Dungeness ride we had a rider (sorry I
didn't quite catch his name) slide out on a moss slick wooden bridge
and
crack a rib. I came upon the scene with Doug, and I he didn't even
hesitate in volunteering to walk out with the rider and take him to
the
clinic for the rest of the afternoon.

Yes it had to be done but still difficult to give up your sunny day
ride
in the Olympics after organizing the ride and getting up early and
taking the ferry etc.

Way to go Doug and I hope the injured rider is going to be okay,
although he probably won't be mountain biking for several weeks if he
did indeed break a rib in his upper back area.
Old April 20th 10, 12:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

Default Michael Vandeman Avoids Answering Question...Again

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.
Old April 20th 10, 01:48 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?
Old April 20th 10, 02:12 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?
Old April 20th 10, 03:29 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 19, 6:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Are you a mountain biker?

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?
Old April 20th 10, 08:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Puppet_Sock

On Apr 19, 9:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
[snip]
No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Boy! Did you miss out!
Socks
Old April 21st 10, 01:23 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

On Apr 19, 10:29*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 19, 6:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Are you a mountain biker?

No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?- Hide quoted text -

Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
answer my question?

Old April 22nd 10, 06:57 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 20, 5:23*pm, Bill Weir wrote:
On Apr 19, 10:29*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 6:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Are you a mountain biker?

No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?

Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
answer my question?

Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
does.
Old April 22nd 10, 10:01 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Bill Weir

On Apr 22, 1:57*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Apr 20, 5:23*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 10:29*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 6:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Are you a mountain biker?

No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?

When you asked "are you a mountain biker" and I write "No," that
unequivocally answers your question. I have an old Bridgestone touring
bicycle, not suited for any off road riding.

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?

Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
answer my question?

Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
does.- Hide quoted text -

I've already told you I am not a mountain biker. Are you going to
answer my question or are you going to continue to play this silly
game that my elementary students used to play?

Old April 22nd 10, 05:04 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

On Apr 22, 2:01*am, Bill Weir wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:57*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 20, 5:23*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 10:29*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 6:12*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

On Apr 19, 8:48*pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:

On Apr 19, 4:52*pm, Bill Weir wrote:

That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Are you a mountain biker?

No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

Your answer makes no sense. I have no idea what "Bridgestone RB-T" is,
and what relation that has to mountain biking.

How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?

When you asked "are you a mountain biker" and I write "No," that
unequivocally answers your question. I have an old Bridgestone touring
bicycle, not suited for any off road riding.

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?

Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
answer my question?

Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
does.- Hide quoted text -

I've already told you I am not a mountain biker.

That doesn't answer my question: Have you ever ridden a bicycle off-
road? Why are you playing coy?