I need JD's post-purchase approval

Old August 7th 03, 01:11 AM
voodoo

Default I need JD's post-purchase approval

JD, so far I've purchased a SID Team fork, and XTR crankset. Do you approve?
It would mean so much to me if you do.

Now I'm gonna cheat some. I was thinking of going with the Crossmax XL disc
wheels, but now seriously considering a custom build using King ISO hubs,
and Mavic's UST disc wheels. Can I get your pre-purchase approval on these?
I would sleep at night.

Old August 7th 03, 01:45 AM
Clyde_in_TN

voodoo wrote:

JD, so far I've purchased a SID Team fork, and XTR crankset. Do you approve?

Junk and more junk

Now I'm gonna cheat some. I was thinking of going with the Crossmax XL disc
wheels,

more junk

but now seriously considering a custom build using King ISO hubs,

Good choice

and Mavic's UST disc wheels.

What rims and what spokes?
More importantly who is doing the building?

Can I get your pre-purchase approval on these?
I would sleep at night.

A fool and his money are some party

Old August 7th 03, 01:57 AM
deluxe model

"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
voodoo wrote:

JD, so far I've purchased a SID Team fork, and XTR crankset. Do you

approve?

Junk and more junk

Why!?

Now I'm gonna cheat some. I was thinking of going with the Crossmax XL

disc
wheels,

more junk

Which is why...

but now seriously considering a custom build using King ISO hubs,

Good choice

Hey, it's "The King".

and Mavic's UST disc wheels.

What rims and what spokes?
More importantly who is doing the building?

X3.1 disc, with 14 gauge straight spokes. I was gonna let the guys at
Universal do it. They have built some wheels for me in the past, and they
held up quite good.

Can I get your pre-purchase approval on these?
I would sleep at night.

A fool and his money are some party

Somebody say party?

Old August 7th 03, 02:16 AM
deluxe model

"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
deluxe model wrote:

X3.1 disc, with 14 gauge straight spokes.

BZZTtttttt..... go double or even triple swaged spokes

No kidding? They will hold up?

Old August 7th 03, 02:49 AM
Clyde_in_TN

deluxe model wrote:
"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message

deluxe model wrote:

X3.1 disc, with 14 gauge straight spokes.

BZZTtttttt..... go double or even triple swaged spokes

No kidding? They will hold up?

better than straight gauge..... if properly built.

Old August 7th 03, 03:17 AM
voodoo

"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
deluxe model wrote:
"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message

deluxe model wrote:

X3.1 disc, with 14 gauge straight spokes.

BZZTtttttt..... go double or even triple swaged spokes

No kidding? They will hold up?

better than straight gauge..... if properly built.

thanks for the info.

Old August 9th 03, 06:46 AM
Mudhead

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:17:59 -0500, "voodoo" wrote:

"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message
deluxe model wrote:
"Clyde_in_TN" wrote in message

deluxe model wrote:

X3.1 disc, with 14 gauge straight spokes.

BZZTtttttt..... go double or even triple swaged spokes

No kidding? They will hold up?

better than straight gauge..... if properly built.

thanks for the info.

I had similar wheels built here and the tripled swagged spokes would
not work with the King hub. If you do have luck with the diameter of
the holes, make sure you order the spokes at the correct lenght as the
3rd spoke gague is right near the nipple end, leaving no room for
cutting and threading.

I did go with straight gague black spokes and they have held up well
for me so far. I'd class myself as a heavy clyde rider.

Only complaint I do have is the tires I am using. The UST Mosquitos
seems to pull away from the bead and i lose air at time so I have to
inflate to regular tire pressures. The air loss happens on the drive
tire, when im on a side slope, under load.

Mudhead remove cuffs to reply

Old August 9th 03, 07:28 PM
voodoo

"Mudhead" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 21:17:59 -0500, "voodoo" wrote:

I had similar wheels built here and the tripled swagged spokes would
not work with the King hub. If you do have luck with the diameter of
the holes, make sure you order the spokes at the correct lenght as the
3rd spoke gague is right near the nipple end, leaving no room for
cutting and threading.

The guys building my wheels suggested 14 ga db Wheelsmith spokes. They said
they would fit the holes better than the DT.

I did go with straight gague black spokes and they have held up well
for me so far. I'd class myself as a heavy clyde rider.

I'm at 210 pounds right now, but I ride between 180-190. I'm losing weight
now, and should be under 200 by the time the bike is done. Hopefully under
195.

Only complaint I do have is the tires I am using. The UST Mosquitos
seems to pull away from the bead and i lose air at time so I have to
inflate to regular tire pressures. The air loss happens on the drive
tire, when im on a side slope, under load.

I hope this is not a problem for me. I have no experience with the UST, but
plenty with pinch flats.

Old August 11th 03, 05:44 AM
John Harlow

Only complaint I do have is the tires I am using. The UST Mosquitos
seems to pull away from the bead and i lose air at time so I have to
inflate to regular tire pressures. The air loss happens on the drive
tire, when im on a side slope, under load.

What kind of pressure are you running? The only time I have something like
that happen is if I land hard off a drop with a side load.

I run mosquitoes at about 35 PSI. I think I'll switch to the beefier
Scorpions once these wear out - I tried a friend's bike (identical to mine
except for the tires) and they were nice. I'm sold on the Hutchensons;
their traction is amazing.