bugger! battery time - Polar 725

Old February 27th 07, 09:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_4_]

Default bugger! battery time - Polar 725

jcjordan Wrote:
I will second that. Polar-Pursuit in Adelaide (Polar distributer in
Australia) recomend that you wash it every couple of times you use it
with old toothbrush; they recomend that you scub the silver conections
between the centre part and the strap and the the sensor parts of the
strap. All I do is take it into the shower and give it a wash after a
ride.

I just got 725x (replacing my lost 710) and the strap is different.
Soft material with a separate transmitter centre - not like the single
plastic chest strap of the old model. The instructions suggest washing
it but how long will this thing last going through the machine? I think
I'd prefer to just wipe it after a ride but is this sufficient? Damn
them! I liked the old strap!

hippy

--
hippy

Old February 27th 07, 10:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_8_]

jcjordan Wrote:
I will second that. Polar-Pursuit in Adelaide (Polar distributer in
Australia) recomend that you wash it every couple of times you use it
with old toothbrush; they recomend that you scub the silver conections
between the centre part and the strap and the the sensor parts of the
strap. All I do is take it into the shower and give it a wash after a
ride.

bah! i have changed the battery in the watch and now my heart rate
doesnt seem to go above about 150 on the transmitter when i know (by
basis of almost blanking out on the bike) that it should be higher.

I thought these things were supposed to facilitate a utopian
society????

--
byron27

6'5", curly hair, bit like krusty the clown i spose

Old February 27th 07, 10:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
hippy[_10_]

byron27 Wrote:
bah! i have changed the battery in the watch and now my heart rate
doesnt seem to go above about 150 on the transmitter when i know (by
basis of almost blanking out on the bike) that it should be higher.
I thought these things were supposed to facilitate a utopian
society????

How far is the watch from the transmitter? Did you wet the strap and
all that jazz? It seems odd that it would work at all and yet give low
readings - I'd expect it to die totally or be off the scale - maybe you
are just too fit for it now and Polar require you to step up to using a
Power meter?

hippy

--
hippy

Old February 28th 07, 12:24 AM posted to aus.bicycle
byron27[_9_]

hippy Wrote:
How far is the watch from the transmitter? Did you wet the strap and all
that jazz? It seems odd that it would work at all and yet give low
readings - I'd expect it to die totally or be off the scale - maybe you
are just too fit for it now and Polar require you to step up to using a
Power meter?

hippy

good idea!

now if i can find someone to donate me one.....

surely there must be a few floating around the second hand pro market??

Old February 28th 07, 12:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bob C

I've had a 725X for a couple of years. I've handwashed the chest strap a
couple of times a week for most of that time, using hand soap and care no
sign of deterioration - it doesn't need to be machine washed at all.
--
Bob C