2006 Giro

Old March 24th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

Default 2006 Giro

I'm going to the final 3 stages of the Giro this year. Does anyone know
if the Giro or someone else publishes the exact route at some point? I
have the start/finishes and major climbs, but I would like to know the
roads they will ride.

Has anyone been to the finish in Milan? Do you know what part of Milan
is the best place to stay to be close to the finish and a place that
has good restuarants, etc?

Thanks.

JK

Old March 24th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

JK wrote:
I'm going to the final 3 stages of the Giro this year. Does anyone know
if the Giro or someone else publishes the exact route at some point? I
have the start/finishes and major climbs, but I would like to know the
roads they will ride.

You can deduce some of the route from the elevation profiles. In the
mountains there's usually only 1 road between point A and point B.

As far as I know, the exact route only gets published in the (local
Italian) newspapers a few days in advance.

Old March 26th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides

"JK" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
I'm going to the final 3 stages of the Giro this year. Does anyone know
if the Giro or someone else publishes the exact route at some point? I
have the start/finishes and major climbs, but I would like to know the
roads they will ride.

Has anyone been to the finish in Milan? Do you know what part of Milan
is the best place to stay to be close to the finish and a place that
has good restuarants, etc?

Thanks.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Speciali/Giro...res/index.html

Here you read all about Giro D'Italia.
The Finish is in Milan, Corso Venezia (underground Porta Venezia).
Milan is a very expensive city. You can have dinner in Ristorante Al
Mercante, in Piazza dei Mercanti, in front of Duomo. Very nice is the area
arounbd Naviglio Grande with charateristic locals where you can drink beer,
wine and listen good music.
Another good area is Garibaldi (underground Garibaldi). You can have dinner
in "Alle Langhe Restaurant" in Corso Como.

Ciao
Marina

Cottur Passes on Davey Crockett Racing 2 March 9th 06 03:57 AM
Bacchetta Giro Test Ride Report, Mini Review Rocketman Recumbent Biking 10 January 1st 04 12:43 AM
A look at Giro and Tour winners- who's better? Tony Racing 15 November 13th 03 04:57 PM
Giro 1 year report Denny Voorhees Recumbent Biking 8 September 23rd 03 12:36 AM
Wins in Grand Tours? Isidor Gunsberg Racing 11 July 31st 03 07:32 PM