Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

Old August 18th 07, 10:35 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Bill Sornson

Default Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

Bill Shatzer wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:

Paul Berg wrote:

The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy
Mastne, were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not
life-threatening. Neither cyclist was wearing a helmet.

Why is h*lm*t non-use always reported, when a foam bicycle hat
provides little more than bump and scrape protection?

They seem effective in reducing serious head injuries by up to 85%.

http://tinyurl.com/yqk6xl\

Who ya gonna trust? The New England Journal of Medicine or Frankie K. 'n
Johnny Sunset?!? LOL

You get hit by a Lincoln Navigator doing 35 mph, you're in a world of
****, bike helmet or no bike helmet. Hell, at that speed, you're in a
world of **** even with a motorcycle helmet.

For the more typical low speed accidents and collisions, bike helmets
are useful though no panacea.

Moderate statements have no place around here. HTH

Old August 18th 07, 10:53 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_797_]

Paul Berg wrote:

The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy
Mastne, were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not
life-threatening. Neither cyclist was wearing a helmet.
Why is h*lm*t non-use always reported, when a foam bicycle hat
provides little more than bump and scrape protection?

They seem effective in reducing serious head injuries by up to 85%.

http://tinyurl.com/yqk6xl\

Who ya gonna trust? The New England Journal of Medicine or Frankie K. 'n
Johnny Sunset?!? LOL...

What about Dorothy Robinson?
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Thompson,_Rivara_and_Thompson_(1989)

BEER IS FOOD

Old August 18th 07, 10:57 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Paul Johnson[_2_]

Paul Berg wrote:

The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy Mastne,
were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Neither cyclist was wearing a helmet.

Why is h*lm*t non-use always reported, when a foam bicycle hat provides
little more than bump and scrape protection?

They seem effective in reducing serious head injuries by up to 85%.

Which is why some states and provinces, like British Columbia,
consider helmets a mandatory item for all cyclists regardless of age.

Old August 18th 07, 11:00 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Paul Johnson[_2_]

On Aug 18, 11:26 am, "Bjorn Berg f/Fergie Berg and All the Ships at S"
wrote:
Who the hell was stupid and kicked his truck and WHY?

The driver of the truck, and probably because they were crowding the
cyclist.

Somebody apparently did something stupid to cause something a lot more
stupid. That was jackass and entirely preventable.

It's not like cyclists have effective horns to warn drifting drivers.
The motorist was entirely a jackass. I don't see what the problem is.

Old August 18th 07, 11:39 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Stevie

"Paul Berg" wrote in message
~

News report from KGW TV (Portland, Oregon) - August 17, 2007

Portland police arrested a driver Friday afternoon after a bizarre chase
in which two cyclists were hit by a car in Southeast Portland.

It all started around 12:30 PM on 1000 block of Southeast Clinton
Street. Police said 46-year-old John Eschweiler was driving along when
he reported a cyclist kicked his car. Officers said Eschweiler sped up
and hit the cyclist, who rolled onto the hood of the car, smashing the
windshield.

The car continued on about 75 feet, sideswiping a car and hitting a
truck before turning a corner where another cyclist heading towards the
car was then hit, investigators said.

Police arrested Eschweiler and charged him with two counts of attempted
assault.

The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy Mastne,
were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not life-threatening.

Neither cyclist was wearing a helmet.

I seriously doubt that a road cyclist kicked his car. Maybe hit with a
hand. What would be the reason? Let's see the scuff.

Old August 18th 07, 11:40 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_771_]

Paul Johnson wrote:
It's not like cyclists have effective horns to warn drifting drivers....

Some of us do: http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=1.

BEER IS FOOD

Old August 18th 07, 11:42 PM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_772_]

Default Helmets: was Raged motorist strikes two cyclists

Paul Berg wrote:
The cyclists, 25-year-old Ben Ramsdell and 41-year-old Timothy Mastne,
were taken to OHSU. Their injuries were not life-threatening.
Neither cyclist was wearing a helmet.
Why is h*lm*t non-use always reported, when a foam bicycle hat provides
little more than bump and scrape protection?

They seem effective in reducing serious head injuries by up to 85%.

Which is why some states and provinces, like British Columbia,
consider helmets a mandatory item for all cyclists regardless of age.

Because they have been fooled by faulty studies and conned by those who
have a financial interest in selling Foam Bicycle Hats?

Promoting mandatory helmet laws (MHLs) is ANTI-CYCLIST.

Old August 19th 07, 12:13 AM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Paul Berg

~

Lesson to Learn:

If you're on a bicycle, don't kick a car driven by a person as equally
crazy as yourself.

~

Old August 19th 07, 12:21 AM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Bo Raxo

On Aug 18, 3:42 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:

Because they have been fooled by faulty studies and conned by those who
have a financial interest in selling Foam Bicycle Hats?

Promoting mandatory helmet laws (MHLs) is ANTI-CYCLIST.

And getting rid of mandatory helmet laws will promote more organ
donation. Toss in the Darwinian aspect and you've got: Win-win!

Bo Raxo

Old August 19th 07, 12:32 AM posted to pdx.general,or.politics,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.true-crime,rec.autos.driving
Klu Klux Klaners for the GOP

In article ,
(Paul Berg) wrote:

Multnomah County court records show Eschweiler has two traffic tickets,
for failing to obey a traffic-control device in 2000 and speeding in
2005. He paid fines and fees of $135 and $141, respectively.

WTF??? $141 for speeding??? I remember in 1991, I had a 1977 honda
civic, those little toy cars. Given that my car was really old and so
small, the steering wasnt so greet. I had gotten off a 8 hour job at
the waterfront in a kiosk taking tickets and money (I was like 18),
driving home on the 101 in the slow lane at about 62 in a 55 zone.
People were passing me in both the middle and fast lane. I was pulled
over by a cop, and the first thing he asked me was if I had been
drinking. I said no I just got off a 8 hour shift. He gave me a
speeding ticket for 65 (I was trying to keep it between 60 and 65,
mostly I was going 62, 63, and like I said I was in the slow lane of 3
lanes on the 101 and people were going MUCH FASTER in the faster 2 lanes.

At the most I had 1 ticket before that. My ticket was over $200. The
only reason the cop stopped me was that I was in a old civic that
wobbled and he wanted to check me for dui. He should of just let me go
since I was going with the flow of traffic in the SLOW lane of 3 lanes.

LEMOND STRIKES AGAIN datakoll Techniques 44 August 30th 07 01:48 PM
LEMOND STRIKES AGAIN! datakoll Racing 0 August 17th 07 01:24 PM
Cyclists save motorist? [email protected] UK 15 October 20th 06 05:43 PM
N+1 strikes again Duracell Bunny Australia 13 September 25th 06 05:44 AM
Road-raged kingsley Australia 30 October 14th 03 12:55 PM