Anyone know who manufactures this tricycle

Old August 1st 03, 06:13 PM

Default Anyone know who manufactures this tricycle

There's some trikes somewhat similar (they're 1930's reproductions) at

http://www.allwebtoys.com/toys_bike_01.php

Sky King Tricycle
A true classic once again available

These are exact replicas of the original 1936 Sky King trike, and like the
originals, are destined to be family heirlooms in the future.
Exactly like the originals - they are made from high quality steel with red
powder coated finish, chromed bright work. (some minor assembly required)

Features:

a.. Adjustable Spring Seat - Rubber Grips
b.. Working Light
c.. Reflectors
d.. Sealed Ball Bearings
e.. Safety Approved - 3 to 6 years of age
$199.99 *

--Tock

Old August 1st 03, 06:32 PM
Robert Hampton

ride your bike wrote:
"Robert Hampton" wrote in message

Andy wrote:

(Andy) wrote in message

. com...

I have e-mailed the person who posted this tricycle on pinkbike and
haven't got a reply but would like to buy this bike for my son. Does
anyone know who makes it or distributes it?? Just copy and paste the
link to your address bar to see the picture.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/buysell/bspic36252.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Andy

This link has been taken off the pinkbike server. Is there a way I
can post a .jpeg??

That link works fine for me. The ad appears to be gone but the pic is
still there. I showed that to a friend and now he wants one for his
daughter so I'm watching this thread to see if anyone knows more about
the trike.

That's disgusting. Why not teach your children about the value of the
environment rather than glorify the instruments of its destruction?

Did I smack you in the mouth and ask for your opinion?? If I did, I've
forgotten. If not, keep it to yourself. It is NOT your concern what I
teach my children about the environment.

--
Robert Hampton
Genesis POS

Old August 1st 03, 07:31 PM
Michael Siewert

The "D" logo on the tank is "Dyno" a sub of GT/Schwin.

The trike is probably part of the Dyno cruiser line which existed from
1997 to 2001 and was killed off due to the most recent
bankruptcy/restructuring.

I expect you'll have to search one out on ebay.

mike

--
Michael D. Siewert
Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary

Old August 1st 03, 11:04 PM
ride your bike

Andy wrote:

(Andy) wrote in message

[...]

You seem to be completely unaware of the serious problems we as an entire
civilization face as a result of our obsession with personal combustion
engine based transport. You also seem to be completely unaware of the way
your use of motor vehicles DIRECTLY affects each and everyone around you
including me. You also seem to be completely unaware of the world you are
leaving behind for your children.

Old August 1st 03, 11:30 PM
Rick Onanian

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:04:46 GMT, ride your bike
wrote:
engine based transport. You also seem to be completely unaware of the
way your use of motor vehicles DIRECTLY affects each and everyone
around you including me. You also seem to be completely unaware of
the world you are leaving behind for your children.

My children will inherit a world that's fundamentally the same, but
with less oil available to them.

As far as emissions are concerned, humans who think that we have a
major effect are so full of themselves. Natural occurances, such as
the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo (more widely known for it's temporary
cooling effect caused by ash and dust in the air), have spewed
forth more greenhouse gases than mankind has ever caused.

Additionally, Mt. Pinatubo's eruption resulted in "Unprecedented size
of 1993 Antarctic ozone hole by lofting ozone destroying species into
the stratosphere", according to
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~bruce/m1239702.html
as well as rapid climate fluctuations caused by the temporary cooling
effect.

All of these things, both warming and cooling, are part of the
natural system of Earth. This planet will survive and prosper no
matter what we do to it, and it will absorb most of what we do
without becoming unbearable.

The biggest problem we pose is our overpopulation, and that will
likely reach critical mass and result in major dying off sooner
or later...whether by disease or war/violence.

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 2nd 03, 12:30 AM
ride your bike

news
wrote:
engine based transport. You also seem to be completely unaware of the
way your use of motor vehicles DIRECTLY affects each and everyone
around you including me. You also seem to be completely unaware of
the world you are leaving behind for your children.

My children will inherit a world that's fundamentally the same, but
with less oil available to them.

Within this last hundred years we have already seen an unprecedented human
caused extinction of more than 25,000 species.

As far as emissions are concerned, humans who think that we have a
major effect are so full of themselves. Natural occurances, such as
the eruption of Mt. Pinatubo (more widely known for it's temporary
cooling effect caused by ash and dust in the air), have spewed
forth more greenhouse gases than mankind has ever caused.

These occurances have been hypothisized to be the source for mass species
extinction, however they generally do not occur very often. Also the earth
has no history of weathering those events in combination with the mass of
toxins humans are releasing into the environment. Besides, where is the
intelligence in destroying yourself with the rational that nature might do
it anyway. That's like a cigarette smoker saying you could get lung cancer
even if you didn't smoke.

Additionally, Mt. Pinatubo's eruption resulted in "Unprecedented size
of 1993 Antarctic ozone hole by lofting ozone destroying species into
the stratosphere", according to
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~bruce/m1239702.html
as well as rapid climate fluctuations caused by the temporary cooling
effect.

All of these things, both warming and cooling, are part of the
natural system of Earth. This planet will survive and prosper no
matter what we do to it, and it will absorb most of what we do
without becoming unbearable.

This statement does not consider the potential outcomes of nuclear war, nor
the potential for large scale disasters from genetic engineering.

The biggest problem we pose is our overpopulation, and that will
likely reach critical mass and result in major dying off sooner
or later...whether by disease or war/violence.

This planet will not support 10 billion people (what we will have in
another 20-40 years) for very long with the current rates of consumption
and pollution that we are engaged in. My wholehearted belief is that we
could engage in a lifestyle that would sustain that many people without the
need for mass war and petulance. It would of course require great
modifications to a value system that considers making a human powered
tricycle for a child look like an obnoxious combustion engine machine as
"cool".

Old August 2nd 03, 12:44 AM
ride your bike

ride your bike wrote:

That's disgusting. Why not teach your children about the value of the
environment rather than glorify the instruments of its destruction?

Did I smack you in the mouth and ask for your opinion?? If I did, I've
forgotten. If not, keep it to yourself. It is NOT your concern what I
teach my children about the environment.

You seem to be completely unaware of the serious problems we as an

entire
civilization face as a result of our obsession with personal combustion
engine based transport. You also seem to be completely unaware of the

way
your use of motor vehicles DIRECTLY affects each and everyone around

you
including me. You also seem to be completely unaware of the world you

are
leaving behind for your children.

And you base your ASSumptions on what? You think you know what I am
aware of and how I raise my children based on my request for information
for a friend? You're not very bright, are you? I take it from your
childish rants that you do not depend on combustion engines in any way
in your lifestyle. Is that correct?

Considering the implications of the grave situation of rampant resource
depletion and toxic excretion our civilization is engaged in does not fall
under the category of childish rants.
While I don't live in the woods picking berries and am therefore part and
parcel of the problem, my existence does not depend on my personal
ownership of a combustion engine vehicle for transportation. I have gone
through great lengths and what some would call sacrifices over the years to
avoid dependence on a car. If you would like to know some of the other
elements of my lifestyle that minimize my footprint on this planet I would
be happy to share them. You would be amazed at what small contributions on
individual levels add up to on societal and planetary levels. Likewise,
small individual levels of consumption and excretion create mass
destruction.

Old August 2nd 03, 01:17 AM
Andy

Michael Siewert wrote in message ...
The "D" logo on the tank is "Dyno" a sub of GT/Schwin.

The trike is probably part of the Dyno cruiser line which existed from
1997 to 2001 and was killed off due to the most recent
bankruptcy/restructuring.

I expect you'll have to search one out on ebay.

mike

Thanks Very much for the info Mike. Much appreciated.

Andy
Old August 2nd 03, 02:15 AM
Andy

Michael Siewert wrote in message ...
The "D" logo on the tank is "Dyno" a sub of GT/Schwin.

The trike is probably part of the Dyno cruiser line which existed from
1997 to 2001 and was killed off due to the most recent
bankruptcy/restructuring.

I expect you'll have to search one out on ebay.

mike

I just read all the strings to my original question and holy crap.
Peace and love "jomamma". The bike is for a kid to get some exercise
rather than sitting in front of the boob tube playing games. I
suppose I could take him to the forest to hug a few trees while we are
on a bike ride!! I have no intentions of getting him a mini
bike..............until he is old enough to syphon gas out of his
mothers car without swallowing too much of it and spilling it on the
pavement.

Thanks to all who helped me out with this Trike. I am confident I
will get my hands on one.

Much appreciated.

Andy
Old August 2nd 03, 02:47 AM
Robert Hampton

ride your bike wrote:

[...]

Well, until you are in the woods picking berries you've got nothing to
say to me. You have absolutely no idea what my lifestyle is, child.
And trying to degrade others for not believing EXACTLY what you believe
is certainly not going to help you win anyone over to your way of
thinking. I am comfortable with my lifestyle and contribution to the
environment. If you don't like that, go cry to someone else. I'm done
with you.

--
Robert Hampton
Genesis POS