Self Driving Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 29th 19, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Self Driving Vehicles

On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 3:30:11 PM UTC, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Saturday, 28 December 2019 09:23:21 UTC-5, Duane wrote:
wrote:
On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:17:16 AM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:

There are times, more often than not actually, when I ride
lane center. There are other times and other places where
that's ridiculous and possibly suicidal.

That is just what I and most people do: let it depend on the situation. I
often ride a 3 km stretch of a narrow road. At the end of the road there
is a company that harvest crops for the farmers so once in a while I
encounter big harvest machines or tractors on that narrow road.:

https://tinyurl.com/wxnzcj6

I take the lane if necessary but I gladly make room when I can hop on a
drive way of a house/farm to let him pass. I don't like the sound of a
roaring big engine behind me for the whole stretch. It is just an
example. This 'negotiation' happens a dozen times every ride. Every situation is different.

Lou

Although I agree with you completely any answer that remotely resembles “it
depends” will likely get a rebuke from the fanatics.

Strange since it’s likely the most correct response.

It's quite interesting how this has morphed from Frank's earlier statement that he deliberately moved further into a lane and then deliberately slowed down in order to impede a driver who had done something Frank didn't like. Nowhere in that post did Frank mention anything about how narrow the lane he took was or anything else he's since posted in order to justify his behaviour. Now he's arguing solely to promote his take the lane stance.

Cheers

Franki-boy was trolling you, Ridesalot, so as to put himself centre-stage.

On whose authority do I say that? Why, on Franki-boy's, of course. When I arrived here and mentioned in passing that I did over the ton (100kph/62mph) on my bike, Krygowski accused me of being a troll for leaving off the fact that it was behind a truck, and made a monstrous nastiness about it -- I'm still kicking pieces off his fat arse for it. I just didn't know cyclists are sensitive about "truck assisted" speed. Now Krygowski is doing the thing he accused me of to you, withholding relevant information so there will be an argument with him at the centre of it.

So why don't you call Franki-boy a troll?

Andre Jute
Fair's fair