Cyclist at war!

Old October 16th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

Default Cyclist at war!

On Oct 16, 1:58*pm, KingOfTheApes

SNIP
Maybe motorcyclists do it for looks when they refuse to wear a helmet.

No it looks stupid to not wear a helmet. Regardless of whether you
ride a bicycle or a motorcycle. If you choose not to...let the
consequences be on your head. Me I'm wearing a helmet.

It looks cool though, except in hot summer.

Not really...it's suicide to not wear a helmet. Look up a wind chill
table some time. 70mph @ 40 F. That's hypothermia right there... No
thanks that stuff is a killer. If it's 90 F even and you ride 75 mph
all that sweat just evaporates off and you are a potential
dehydration/heat injury victim. Unlike if you wear a proper helmet
( full face is best) they insulate you from the heat AND cold.

--
Keith
Old October 16th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

On Oct 16, 1:17*pm, KingOfTheApes wrote:
On Oct 16, 3:02*pm, "S'mee" wrote:

On Oct 16, 9:21*am, ComandanteBanana
wrote:

On Oct 15, 8:09 pm, "BryanUT" wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

Well guys, this story happened in Georgia, but I just omitted the rest
of the title (link below) because it could have happened where I live.
And indeed it has happened to me even more scary.

snip

As both a bicyclist and a motorcyclist, I am really shocked (not really) at
the hate directed at bike riders in the above posts.

We, as motorcyclists, have more in common with bicyclists than cagers. *Like
it or not, we are on the same team.

Share the road.

Those of you complaining about riders two abreast, I hope you understand why
some of us don't tolerate Harley parades. Self righteous pricks I say. Both
of 'em.

Yeah, make fun of spandex, and I reserve the right to laugh at chaps and
leather vests. You are all a bunch of selfish people. *Me, Me, Me!

Share the road with our 2 wheeled friends. *Get off you ass and ride a bike
in traffic, I double dog dare you, are you man (or women) ennough?

All you loud pipes folks talk of freedom and rights, well, put up or shut
up. *Let the pedalers be free. *The roads belong to the people.

Share the road. *Don't be a selfish ass.

You must have reading comprehension problems. It doesn't say anywhere
what you claim, but illiteracy in America is NOT the subject here.

Bicycles and Motorcycles do have a lot of common. To begin with the
both ride on two wheels (two wheels good, four wheels bad) and they
are both at the bottom of the food chain. Well, at least the latter
can outrun the predators, but sometimes they just come out of nowhere..- Hide quoted text -

Uh you are patently WRONG that motorcycles *are on the bottom of the
food chain. That place is occupied by pedestrians. Motorcycles when
ridden by a experienced rider actually is an apex predator with the
resultant problems. 8^) Well that's my personal experience.
--
Keith- Hide quoted text -

I've said motorcycles are at the very bottom, but near the bottom. At
least you can run away from bigger predators. But make no mistake
WHO'S KING OF THE JUNGLE... SUVs.

When I could ride more regularly I wasn't anywhere near the bottom. Go
ride in Boston, say Kenmore square to Boston Commons during rush hour.
It's easy, peasy. Pretty safe to if you're willing to TAKE what is
yours. 8^) As for SUV? The might be King of guzzling but that's it.
They aren't much more than prey imo. You have to learn to manipulate
their fear. What they are more like is elephants...only dangerous if
you stand still.
--
Keith
Old October 16th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
ComandanteBanana

wrote:

[...]

That sounds like the cyclists. Sitting ducks waiting for soccer mom to
be on the phone while driving her SUV. "Never saw him!"
Old October 17th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tim McNamara

In article
,
"S'mee" wrote:

On Oct 15, 6:56*pm, Rob Morley wrote:
On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:44:33 -0400

"Vito" wrote:
"Bob Myers" wrote

In that case, the solution is obvious.

You guys need to get engines.

Yup. *Major difference between bicycles and motorcycles is that
one runs on muscle and the other on brains.

ITYM one runs on legs and the other on the right wrist - both
require a modicum of grey matter if one is to survive long.

uh-huh...I ride both. It takes more brains to ride a motorcycle,
period, end of discussion.

Then why do I keep meeting smarter people riding bicycles than riding
motorcycles? I think you'd need to find some way to back up your claim
besides "period, end of discussion." Your statement is less than
convincing.
Old October 17th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tim McNamara

In article ,
bugbear wrote:

ComandanteBanana wrote:
There's only one side you can be on, if you know what I mean.

The concept of "you're either with us or against us" does not have a
noble history.

Nice summation.
Old October 17th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tim McNamara

In article
,
"S'mee" wrote:

On Oct 16, 1:58*pm, KingOfTheApes

SNIP
Maybe motorcyclists do it for looks when they refuse to wear a
helmet.

No it looks stupid to not wear a helmet. Regardless of whether you
ride a bicycle or a motorcycle. If you choose not to...let the
consequences be on your head. Me I'm wearing a helmet.

It looks cool though, except in hot summer.

Not really...it's suicide to not wear a helmet.

That's a little extreme, especially if you are talking about the
styrofoam hats that bicyclists wear.

http://www.cyclehelmets.org/
Old October 17th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
WR69

"Road Glidin' Don" wrote in message
On Oct 15, 12:59 pm, ComandanteBanana
wrote:
On Oct 15, 2:10 pm, Lew wrote:

On 15 Oct 2008, ComandanteBanana wrote in news:9ea7ca05-62f5-472a-b948-

Just wanted to share my latest email with you guys to show what is
going on in Georgia:

Not sure why this was posted to Reeky; this guy was on a bicycle. I
live in Georgia and haven't heard of or experienced much cage vs
motorcycle road rage.

I think this is pretty common all over the land, but MOTORCYCLES DON'T
SLOW DOWN CARS, and that may account for the rage against bicycles.

Then trim motorcycle newsgroups from your posts, you stupid, ****ing
idiot.

You got that right you tell him! ..... I'll bet he's even stupid enough to
ride children on the back of his "bicycle" without a helmet. It's not like
any real motorcycle rider with any common ****ing sense or born outside of
Hooterville would ever think of doing something ****ing retarded like that.
Right?

Old October 17th 08, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Vito

"Tim McNamara" wrote
Then why do I keep meeting smarter people riding bicycles than riding
motorcycles? I think you'd need to find some way to back up your claim.

It only seems that way to you because they think like you. People commonly
believe those more intellegent than they are stupid simply because their
higher logic is beyond them. Your demand that I "back up" what should be
obvious to even the most casual observer is an excellent example of that.

Old October 17th 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Vito

Share the road. Don't be a selfish ass.

Hard to imagine any more selfish than a group of cyclists riding 3 & 4
abreast at 12 mph on a 2-lane public highway with a 55 mph speed limit. And
no, it's not a fantasy - I used to see it every Saturday morning. That's
one reason "jousting" became popular.

Old October 17th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.motorcycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
S'mee

On Oct 16, 8:28*pm, "Vito" wrote:
Share the road. Don't be a selfish ass.

Hard to imagine any more selfish than a group of cyclists riding 3 & 4
abreast at 12 mph on a 2-lane public highway with a 55 mph speed limit. *And
no, it's not a fantasy - I used to see it every Saturday morning. *That's
one reason "jousting" became popular.

oh ****.

Who'd a thought I'd agree with you. ;^)

Cyclist v numpty car driver. Cyclist wins. spindrift UK 4 January 16th 08 05:21 PM
Hollywood bus driver attacks cyclist, LAPD handcuffs cyclist Matt O'Toole General 13 September 29th 07 07:50 PM
Cyclist on Cyclist violence leads to death of Portland man, 56 Paul Borg[_2_] General 2 September 6th 07 08:59 PM
Cyclist-pedestrian-cyclist Timo UK 39 December 5th 05 10:58 PM
Cyclist shot in B'ham - By another cyclist! John Mallard UK 8 May 8th 04 11:24 PM