Good for a laugh

Old May 7th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Good for a laugh

This is an old Fiat advt: Been around for ages apparently, so many of you
will have seen it. But worth a look for those who haven't.

Old May 7th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Fred" wrote:

This is an old Fiat advt: Been around for ages apparently, so many of you
will have seen it. But worth a look for those who haven't.

Heh heh heh... I always loved that commercial (maybe because I've
owned two Fiats, and currently have an Alfa). Besides, any cyclist
who dresses like Fabrizio* and who can't do a track stand at a
stoplight deserves to be laying on the ground.

*like Fab did when the commercial was made - obviously his style has
evolved dramatically since then.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old May 7th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Sun, 7 May 2006 17:45:40 +1200, "Fred"
wrote:

This is an old Fiat advt: Been around for ages apparently, so many of you
will have seen it. But worth a look for those who haven't.

cute...
Old May 9th 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

you have a ALFA...cool, what type/model/year?

Inquiring alfistas want to know...

Brian.

Who can still spot an alfa three blocks away...

Old May 9th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Mon, 8 May 2006 19:13:55 -0700, "Brian"
wrote:

you have a ALFA...cool, what type/model/year?

Inquiring alfistas want to know...

Brian.

Who can still spot an alfa three blocks away...

Too easy. It's the one on blocks.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old May 9th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Funny, but isn't there a commercial where the cyclist comes out on top?
http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

Old May 9th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Brian observes he can -

....still spot an alfa three blocks away...

I believe Alfa is still owned by FIAT.

We all know what FIAT stands for don't we? - using loud, exasperated tone

FIX IT AGAIN TONY !!

best, Andrew (owned Alfa 90, circa 1988 sold 1989, did not adapt to bicycles
as well as I did - still have the Alfa cycling jersey which has lasted a lot
longer than the car!)

Old May 9th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Brian" wrote:

you have a ALFA...cool, what type/model/year?

It's an '85 Spider Veloce (see - sorta cycling content).

Inquiring alfistas want to know...

We'd been looking for a classic sports car for a while, and found the
Alfa by chance. Maybe I have a soft spot for Italian design (just
wish the mechanicals were German). ;-)

Who can still spot an alfa three blocks away...

In the months since we bought ours, we've seen exactly ONE other Alfa.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame