The Last Laugh (I hope)

Old December 8th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Default The Last Laugh (I hope)

David Martin wrote on 08/12/2006 14:50 +0100:
wrote:
al Mossah wrote:

Be smug. Be holier than thou. Be really annoying! Enjoy it. You've
earned it.

Exactly how those of us with enough sense to use a car feel on the
other 364 days of the year when we're sitting in warm, dry comfort
listening to the radio, while you slog up a hill in the rain freezing
your arse off.

Umm.. if it is rain, it ain't freezing. Laws of physics still apply on
this planet.

Last time I got my car services I looked at the bill and realised I
could have bought a really nice bike for that..

Last time someone expressed incredulity that I had taken a 3.5hr bike
and train journey that they had done in two hours in the car, I pointed
out that I had had wasted half an hour and had a productive 3 hours
working on the train while they had wasted their two hours driving the car.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old December 8th 06, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian

Yebbut us commuters get pretty girls feeling up our legs down t'pub.

Dammit, clearly I'm going to the wrong pubs! It's never happened to me
yet...
Old December 9th 06, 08:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Danny Colyer said the following on 08/12/2006 16:01:

Eh? Freezing while slogging up a hill? Surely those are two mutually
exclusive conditions?

No hills on my commute to get me warmed up :-( (Well, there is a gentle
rise that some people consider a hill, but it really isn't!)

Anyway, I *love* freezing mornings. I love wheeling my bike out of the
house, getting on and riding past all the poor motorists who have to
scrape the ice off their cars before they can go anywhere :-)

That neatly sums up my feelings! A cold, crisp morning is wonderful for
cycling. On the rare occasion when I do need to use my car for my 2.5
mile trip to work in winter, it takes longer to scrape ice than to drive!

As for wet and windy, either/or is fine. Both together are fine so long
as the rain isn't horizontal into my face :-(

I keep getting comments like "Did you get a bit wet then?" on rainy
mornings. "Nope, that's why I have waterproofs" is the bleedin' obvious
answer!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old December 10th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Al C-F

Brian wrote:
Yebbut us commuters get pretty girls feeling up our legs down t'pub.

Dammit, clearly I'm going to the wrong pubs! It's never happened to me
yet...

You are. The rest of us have to beat them off with sticks.
Old December 11th 06, 08:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Mark Thompson wrote on 08/12/2006 15:39 +0100:

Yebbut us commuters get pretty girls feeling up our legs down t'pub.

That's only because you're discussing leg hair removal methods with them ;-)

Old December 13th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

wrote:

al Mossah wrote:

Be smug. Be holier than thou. Be really annoying! Enjoy it. You've
earned it.

Exactly how those of us with enough sense to use a car feel on the
other 364 days of the year when we're sitting in warm, dry comfort
listening to the radio, while you slog up a hill in the rain freezing
your arse off.

:-)

Steve.

why if it's possible why not bike? while i'm despertly unimpressed with
the rail network, i love to be able to ride to work like my SO can.

roger

Good for a laugh Fred General 7 May 9th 06 01:56 PM
Something to laugh at. Marty Australia 14 June 1st 05 11:04 AM
One shouldn't laugh but... David Nutter UK 2 August 12th 04 10:01 AM
I shouldn't laugh but.. Marty Wallace Australia 14 August 5th 04 08:41 AM
You have to laugh Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 February 10th 04 12:56 PM