4WDs and bikes in roundabouts

Old April 16th 05, 03:08 AM
dave

Default 4WDs and bikes in roundabouts

hippy wrote:
Theo Bekkers wrote:

Do some people really think resorting to, or advising, violence to
other road users is a viable solution?

Yes.

Do you think people in motor vehicles deliberately try to injure you?

Yes.

And do you think retaliatory road rage on your part is justified or
advisable?

Yes.

One and a half tonne car versus 10kg bike? I don't like the odds.

Meh. Let them step out of the vehicle.

hippy

Where suddenly they are no (or only a little) bigger than you; far less
fit and far far less courageous . (This last in idirect proportion to
vehicle size..eg the bigger the 4WD the more gutless the driver)

Dave
Old April 16th 05, 05:59 AM
Terry Collins

hemyd wrote:

My 5c worth is that first of all, inflicting damage to the car you could be
made to pay for it. Worse, though - if the bugger decided to kill you, his
smart arse lawyer would convince the judge that you kicking his vehicle made
it justifiable homicide....

Do you have a legal cite for this or is this just another load of crap
about the claimed godship of car drivers.
Old April 16th 05, 07:21 AM
Peter Signorini

"Terry Collins" wrote in message
hemyd wrote:

My 5c worth is that first of all, inflicting damage to the car you could

be
made to pay for it. Worse, though - if the bugger decided to kill you,

his
smart arse lawyer would convince the judge that you kicking his vehicle

made
it justifiable homicide....

Do you have a legal cite for this or is this just another load of crap
about the claimed godship of car drivers.

Claimed?!!!
http://tinyurl.com/a4837

The cyclist didn't even try to harm the car or driver. Our system is truly
****ed.

Cheers
Peter

Old April 16th 05, 09:20 AM
aeek

Terry Collins Wrote:
hemyd wrote:

My 5c worth is that first of all, inflicting damage to the car yo

could be
made to pay for it. Worse, though - if the bugger decided to kil

you, his
smart arse lawyer would convince the judge that you kicking hi

vehicle made
it justifiable homicide....

Do you have a legal cite for this or is this just another load of crap
about the claimed godship of car drivers.

you don't pay attention do you

--
aeek

Old April 16th 05, 09:30 AM
Terry Collins

Peter Signorini wrote:

The cyclist didn't even try to harm the car or driver. Our system is truly
****ed.

Agree.

My 2c was about damaging a car and being made to pay.
Old April 16th 05, 09:30 AM
hemyd

hemyd wrote:

My 5c worth is that first of all, inflicting damage to the car you could

be
made to pay for it. Worse, though - if the bugger decided to kill you,

his
smart arse lawyer would convince the judge that you kicking his vehicle

made
it justifiable homicide....

Do you have a legal cite for this or is this just another load of crap
about the claimed godship of car drivers.

You may be a lawyer, in which case you definitely will have more legal
information at your disposal that I do. Perhaps you could explain the
circumstances under which a driver can run down and kill a cyclist, not stop
afterwards, and be acquitted. If you are merely a driver (as I am), maybe
you can explain some of the quaint behavioural traits that drivers exhibit
every day as I commute to work on my bicycle.

Henry.

Old April 16th 05, 10:31 PM
hemyd

u...
hemyd wrote:

[...]

Almost every day as we watch the news on telly and read the paper, we find
out about some gross injustice that has been done, wehther it's here in
Australia or overseas, something we are powerless to prevent or do anything
about. One solution is to speak out about it, hoping against all odds that
one little voice may achieve something eventually. Alternatively, to
preserve our sanity, we could simply stop reading the paper and watch the
news (which I have done on and off). Unfortunately as I ride my bicycle I
come across driver aggression and homicidal behaviour almost daily, and that
is hard to ignore, although I try. I'll stop bitching now.

Old April 18th 05, 01:21 AM
Theo Bekkers

"alex" wrote
Hey Theo,

I don't remember you using a bicycle while I was working for Jamie.

The Moto doesn't count

G'day Alex, how's ya doing?
For the first two or three years I worked at Bekkers, which I think
was before your time there, I rode my pushie to work. Unfortunately I
needed to go to the bank in Morley more frequently and also needed to
pick stuff up from NJS, J Mills etc so the bicycle became impossible.
At NCR I rode everyday for ten years.

Cheers

Theo

Old April 18th 05, 02:27 AM
alex

Hi Theo

I'm sure u could fit a few cases on the back of the bicycle

http://www.terragalleria.com/vietnam....viet8027.html

Cheers

Alex.