NOT f%$#$in HAPPY JAN. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old December 11th 05, 12:35 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default NOT f%$#$in HAPPY JAN. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

cfsmtb wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:
that would require typing, yeah?
Not this lil' black duck, miffterrr.
Unless you have a spare decade or 2

isnt there sodidng software to do this kinda stuff?
That's what Limewire,etc were made for

That's only a small part of a larger point I am attempting to make.
Want attitudes, conditions to change? Do something. Participate.

I do what I think works, and what I think is appropriate, and what I
think I'm good at, to help make cycling safer.

What you think works is different, and what you think you're good at is
also, no doubt, different. Nagging me (as one of the people you're
happy to suggest, more or less subtley isn't doing anything to help)
won't make me do what you think is important, *especially* when I
happen to think you're barking up the wrong tree.

Old December 11th 05, 09:37 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Bleve Wrote:

I do what I think works, and what I think is appropriate, and what I
think I'm good at, to help make cycling safer.

What you think works is different, and what you think you're good at
is
also, no doubt, different. Nagging me (as one of the people you're
happy to suggest, more or less subtley isn't doing anything to help)
won't make me do what you think is important, *especially* when I
happen to think you're barking up the wrong tree.

That's a rather confused, and very nasty subjective remark Carl.

--
cfsmtb

Old December 12th 05, 01:07 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:
Bleve Wrote:

I do what I think works, and what I think is appropriate, and what I
think I'm good at, to help make cycling safer.

What you think works is different, and what you think you're good at
is
also, no doubt, different. Nagging me (as one of the people you're
happy to suggest, more or less subtley isn't doing anything to help)
won't make me do what you think is important, *especially* when I
happen to think you're barking up the wrong tree.

That's a rather confused, and very nasty subjective remark Carl.

In what way? I'm not trying to be nasty. My reading of what you wrote
is that you think that those of us who are debating the specifics of
this case should be spending that time and effort on tracking down
court transcripts etc and basically doing WoJ-style stuff.

If that's a fair parsing of your intent, then respectfully, I'm not
going to do so, as I personally think that this particular case is a
"**** happens" thing, and while I'm happy to debate the pros & cons of
it, I'm not interested in chasing it. You seem to be, I think it's not
the right thing to go to war for*. No nastyness intended. What did
you take offense to?
My disagreeing with you, or my suggesting that you and I have different
skills and different percieved areas of influence and expertise? I
think that may be the nub of it? I think I'm good at encouraging
people to ride, and at helping them ride safely, and I think that makes
a difference. You think you're good at organising protests, and you
think they make a difference. Read that carefully, and don't read
between the lines, as I've tried very carefully to spell it out
accuratly and unambiguously, with no hidden meanings or assertions.

* if the perp had been texting on a phone, or speeding, or drunk etc ..
totally different story. But my take on what happened, based on
everything I've read about it, is that he wasn't doing anything wrong
as such, just had a lapse of concentration, that we all have sometimes,
even when in charge of a dangerous piece of equipment, and that lapse
had tragic consequences. It's fallout from a society addicted to cars.

Old December 12th 05, 02:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

cfsmtb wrote:

Peter Signorini Wrote:

Actually we don't know anything about any extenuating circumstances at
present. They were not mentioned in the Standard's reprot of the court
case,
but police chose only to apply a careless driving charge. There could
be all
sorts of reasons why a dangerous driving charge was not applied we just
don't
know. But you can give your evidence to the police!!

Precisely, precisely, precisely.

One whinge - why couldn't a equal amount of effort spent typing out
comments on this thread, been utilised DIRECTLY towards finding out
what what actually occured? Like contacting GMC, the police,
newspapers, Camperdown CC. Oh sorry, how naive of moi. That sounds too
much like actual WORK. Now, if we do get the court tapes, who's going
volunteer to transcript them for us? echo .... echo ...

--
cfsmtb

Oooh, I'll do one. I like typing.

Tam

NOT f%$#$in HAPPY JAN. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR flyingdutch Australia 55 December 11th 05 07:14 AM
Happy Birthday JC! Unirene Unicycling 30 July 14th 05 11:49 AM
Happy happy happy brucianna General 0 June 8th 05 09:22 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABSENT HUSBAND Tamyka Bell Australia 8 June 6th 05 02:07 AM
Happy New Year! Richard Bates UK 17 January 3rd 04 02:02 PM