BR: Quick detour to work

Old March 6th 05, 12:00 PM
flyingdutch

Default BR: Quick detour to work

Gags Wrote:

Blah......you gotta practice your "taking a turn at the front"
technique.
Note how when I went past you for my turn, I crept in front of you so
that
you were immediately on my wheel?? When you got out of the saddle and
flew
past me, it took me about another 100m or so to make up the 10m or so
break
that you got on me! The main reason for this is probably because
nobody
except you ever has a crack at the front along there so you haven't had
do it before, but...I expect to see a vast improvement next time so
that my
lungs can stay on the inside of my body

Ride On,

Gags

oi! i resemble that remark!
i went to the front for at least, oh, 100m!!!

learning how to be a 'sprinter'. go to front. mysteriously pedal fast
yet go slower. go back and suckwheel. hehehe!

F"smart"Dutch

--
flyingdutch

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 02:56 PM

TimC wrote:
Get up at 6:00,

and till the spring weeds.

Old March 6th 05, 11:27 PM
PiledHigher

flyingdutch Wrote:
and a big welcome to PiledHigher. was that your first BR?
or ahd you done another whilst i was chasing herbal remedies?

Damn BRs are getting over-populated by, eegads, climbers!

Suggestions:
i think next week we need to delay our ride a tad to allow the ful
contingent of staff at Smiths Gully cafe to arrive. The poor lone so
doing 11 coffees.
and he aint so... 'barista'd'
and perhaps the front markers could order for all so we dont get s
cold next time waiting?

Yes it was my first time, thanks for the welcome.

Me climber, unlikely!

Liked the route, used to train over a lot of those roads in the pas
just never connected them in quite that way.

Wasn't sold on the backstreets through greensborough and heidelberg bu
can't really suggest a more direct route.

Found that there were a few too many catch up poinnts for my liking
ie. could the first catch up be at the coffee shop, maybe the stronge
riders could do a minor regroup at kangaroo ground and then go up an
back to sugarloaf b4 coming back to cut through to the coffee stop
(this might be a bit too far for the regroup but you know what
mean.)

Tim C. - you would definitely feel the difference of a lighter bike
the BV bike could be up to 5kg heavier than the lighter bikes in th
group (and given my 925m of climbing for the BR part of my ride) tha
equates to a lot of extra work

--
PiledHigher

Old March 6th 05, 11:43 PM
blah

Yep, duly noted. I have no idea about bunch riding as I was very much
the lone rider (think western movie) until BRs. I think it may be right
that I hardly get to draft people ('cept Lindsay) when we're going for
speed as that's really the only place that it's essential (draft or
die...). I think that yesterday was the first time I'd seen anyone use
the elbow gesture on a BR - I actually had to look for it a second time
to make sure that's what it was, then came through... too fast. For the
sake of your lungs, I'll work on my technique. Actually, a smoother
overtake will probably save my lungs. I'm always aware of bogan traffic
along there, and am a bit cautious about spending too much time two
abreast, so the overtake is quick.
So those are my excuses...

Old March 6th 05, 11:49 PM
flyingdutch

PiledHigher Wrote:
Yes it was my first time, thanks for the welcome.

Me climber, unlikely!

well, more than some

PiledHigher Wrote:

Wasn't sold on the backstreets through greensborough and heidelberg bu
can't really suggest a more direct route.

yeah, its more about avoiding the crap road if you stay o
Grimshaw/greensborough Hwy. Maybe we could try turning left onto Par
Rd and right at Main Rd. The nastiest pinch is LwrPlenty Rd/Rosanna Rd
seriously dangerous.

PiledHigher Wrote:

Found that there were a few too many catch up points for my liking, ie
could the first catch up be at the coffee shop, maybe the stronge
riders could do a minor regroup at kangaroo ground and then go up an
back to sugarloaf b4 coming back to cut through to the coffee stop
(this might be a bit too far for the regroup but you know what I mean.)

if this group is going to keep like this, i think its time to organis
2 groups!
One 'faster' group who does the extra Watsons Creek loop withou
stopping at Kangaroo ground, and the others who do stop there and g
straight onto the caf?

maybe the character of the ride is changing but i seem to recall th
name starting with 'Bunch'. Obviously this aint gonna be totall
practical when lots of climbing is involved, however the practice o
some to drop others on the flats (approach to Warrandyte for eg) isn
helping. Besides, save it for the climb! . Perhaps after th
'speed-descent' hill we let the slower riders get a 1-2 minut
headstart so were all getting to the caf ruffly the sameish time?

Also i think the ones NOT doing the TT between StA and Hurstbridg
should just keep going once they get down to the roundabout, just t
negate one more stop.

The other reason for the gather points is not to lose someone, as w
almost did with TimC a few weeks' back. Not nice for the newe
guys/gals.

suggustions, anyone

--
flyingdutch

Powercranks [email protected] Techniques 539 September 20th 05 04:08 PM
Hitler was RIGHT.. Topaz Mountain Biking 0 January 30th 05 11:49 PM
Bike to Work?? Maggie General 30 December 3rd 04 03:18 AM
what is a good bag for taking clothes to work without wrinkling them Cory General 11 October 16th 03 12:36 AM
Work mates just don't get unicycling. Sarah Miller Unicycling 7 September 11th 03 11:10 PM