Helmet rear view mirror

Old July 2nd 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
swerf

Default Helmet rear view mirror

Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

Old July 2nd 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jul 2, 12:16 pm, swerf wrote:
Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

just get and use glasses- you never know when a stone or something can
fly into your eye- when it bounces off your glasses you'll be glad

Old July 2nd 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Jul 2, 11:16 am, swerf wrote:
Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

Are you familiar with CycleAware?

http://tinyurl.com/33rouj

They also have an eyeglass mount model.

Old July 2nd 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Cole

swerf wrote:
Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

There are these:

http://www.sawheelmen.com/aboutus/merchandise.htm

(bottom of page)
Old July 2nd 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
swerf

On Jul 2, 1:06 pm, Peter Cole wrote:
swerf wrote:
Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

There are these:

http://www.sawheelmen.com/aboutus/merchandise.htm

(bottom of page)

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll let you know how they work out!

Old July 2nd 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Yme[_2_]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:16:13 +0000, swerf wrote:

I have used one of there fro about ten years, works great.

http://www.coloradocyclist.com/commo...splay2_v2.cfm?
PRRFNBR=16494&CGRFNBR=641&CRPCGNBR=641&CI=1,226,64 1&TextMode=0

Several LBS in my area sell them.

Old July 2nd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Yme[_2_]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:26:39 +0000, Yme wrote:

In case anyone is interested here is a review
http://www.icebike.org/Equipment/cyclingmirrors.htm

Old July 3rd 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Roger Sacilotto

Ozark Bicycle wrote in
ups.com:

On Jul 2, 11:16 am, swerf wrote:

Are you familiar with CycleAware?

http://tinyurl.com/33rouj

They also have an eyeglass mount model.

I have had good results with the CycleAware helmet mounted mirror, it seems
to be reasonable with respect to vibration. I got the recommendation from
a friend who also likes it.
Old July 3rd 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Troll Report[_9_]

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:16:13 -0000, swerf wrote:

Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

Duct tape for short answer...but actually there's plenty of high
technology, pleasant looking tape nowadays. There's really no excuse to
have stuff like helmet mounted mirrors fall apart.
Old July 4th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
richard

I've been very happy with the eyeglass versioin of the Takd-a-Peak
mirror, at many (Trek?) shops. They have a hemlet version.

There is the harder to find "Harris" mirror. They are soldered onto an
old spoke. They are a bit hard to adjust, but they hold it very well.

I tried a Harris but went back to an eyeglass mirror because I found a
helmet sometimes shifted its position a wee bit, making the mirror useless.

swerf wrote:
Has anyone found a good quality rear view helmet mirror? I have been
through 3 different brands and have yet to find one that lasts. I've
used Blackburn and Third Eye so far and both have fallen apart or get
too loose to stay in position. I've tried the glasses mounted mirrors
and they work okay but I don't always ride with glasses. I've been to
almost every bike shop in Cincinnati and they all sell the same
brands. I don't care how much it costs. I just want something that
won't break on me in the middle of a long ride.

Rear-view mirror for muni/coker? terrybigwheel Unicycling 14 August 13th 06 12:39 AM
Top tube mount rear view mirror? Dan General 13 June 18th 05 03:19 PM
Rear-View Mirror Charlie UK 2 June 16th 05 03:24 PM
Rear view mirror yum Techniques 20 March 8th 05 06:43 PM
Wireless Cycle Computers and Rear View Mirror Helmet?!? Mark Thompson UK 10 October 12th 03 07:35 PM