RR: Good Morning World (short)

Old June 23rd 04, 05:47 PM
Paladin

Default RR: Good Morning World (short)

OK, I'll admit that I'm 2 months behind my usual training schedules,
so rides that should be easy are still tough. Too wet a spring, and
too busy, too. Let's all say it together, class: "If you're too busy
to ride -- you're too busy!"

I went out early this a.m., since it would be over a hundred later.
Felt pretty good. Came around a corner and there's this huge beehive
of young people from some athletic camp, all carrying trekking poles,
bunched up in the middle of the trail.

Nobody moves, so I stop, they say it's "dog trouble" whatever that
means. So I shoulder the bike over a couple bored basset hounds. One
looks up, gets bopped in the head by my 2.4 front tire. Somebody
yells, "portage!" for my sake.

Resume cruising speed and feeling good. But it's taking a while to
warm up. Is it lack of sleep, or just that wonderful sense of being
45 where everything takes a little longer???

Climb Uncle Stan's, turn left, and the sun's up and shining in my
face. Already over 70degf. Love that sound of tires on granite sand.
Hypnotizing crunch as I get in the groove, setting a good pace. Take
the turnoff for Sidewinder, a fairly stout climb that just improves
with age. The further you go, the steeper it gets. I get about half
way up, and have cleared some decent elevation, so I stop to behold
the valley. An earlier hot-air balloon launch has several derigibles
keeping me company. I'm pretty much level with them.

Turn the bike around, and continue on Crestline to the creek crossing.
Muscle through the rocks, stop to lower the seat and book it down.

Flying low, hitting sand at speed and almost lay it over, but feel
like a bull rider! It's great.

Finish up, and as I'm loading the red bike into the truck, witness a
**funny sight**. Two guys and a cute oriental girl are coming in from
running. The girl looks bonked. A guy walks up, puts a hand in her
pants, then up under her top. I start grinning, like, hey guys, get a
room! Then I realize what he's up to. He's fishing for the keys,
(right) finds them, opens the car and she collapses on the seat.
Ah-so, grasshopper. I want sum yung thing carry my keys, too.

paladin
Old June 23rd 04, 06:42 PM
Carla A-G

Default Good Morning World (short)

"Paladin" wrote in message
om...
snip
Ah-so, grasshopper. I want sum yung thing carry my keys, too.

paladin

JD is for hire, ask him :-)

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old June 23rd 04, 06:59 PM
Stephen Baker

paladin says:

sum yung thing

Ain't age great- the older you get, the more "yung things" there are.. ;-)

Steve "I'm old, I'm not _dead_..."