cheap(er) Trice models

Old July 29th 04, 05:01 PM
Peter Clinch

Default cheap(er) Trice models

http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/...l?storynum=633 gives
you a quick look at Inspired Cycle Engineering's new "budget" Tricen.
Still not cheap, and there's things like the Steins available for less,
but those wanting a recumbent trike while only having to hold up garages
and corner shops rather than banks now have a bit more choice...

So Helen, how's that line in financial persuasion looking lately...? ;-)

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 29th 04, 05:09 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

So Helen, how's that line in financial persuasion looking lately...? ;-)

OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! ;-)

I wonder if Santa can be persuaded to be nice to me???

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old July 29th 04, 06:30 PM
JohnB

Peter Clinch wrote:

http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/...l?storynum=633 gives
you a quick look at Inspired Cycle Engineering's new "budget" Tricen.
Still not cheap, and there's things like the Steins available for less,
but those wanting a recumbent trike while only having to hold up garages
and corner shops rather than banks now have a bit more choice...

They look good - using the same frame materials as the more expensive
models but with the equipment is at a lower end of the scale -
Sora/Acera 8spd etc.

This should make more riders take the plunge to the dark side.

It seems ICE now make an incredible 18 different models in their
'standard' range as well as making specials like the back to back tandem.
There's something for everyone.

John B
Old July 29th 04, 06:31 PM

Peter Clinch wrote:
http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/...l?storynum=633

gives
you a quick look at Inspired Cycle Engineering's new "budget" Tricen.

Still not cheap, and there's things like the Steins available for

less,
but those wanting a recumbent trike while only having to hold up

garages
and corner shops rather than banks now have a bit more choice...

About time too. Undercutting the Catrike but 8lbs heavier. Now there
are more choices. I was deliberating over:
Custom Audax (+S&S)
Bike Friday Pocket Rocket
Challenge Taifun
Recumbent Trike
Only one allowed and an ambition to complete the next PBP on my 40th
birthday.
Kind regards,
Daren
--
remove outer garment for reply

Old July 29th 04, 09:25 PM
Richard Corfield

OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!! ;-)

I wonder if Santa can be persuaded to be nice to me???

Cheers, helen s

The new ICE Q is like the XL, which is a nice trike. It looks much the same
frame and seat, so I expect for all purposes you've got most of the trike
for about just over half the price.

Of course, if you start adding extras, I expect things would get expensive.

- Richard

--
_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ Richard dot Corfield at ntlworld dot com
_/ _/ _/ _/
Old July 30th 04, 07:33 AM
andhar

Not thinking of buying another nike/trike Peter ? My limiting factor is
space.

--
andhar
Old August 1st 04, 04:37 PM
Carol Hague

Peter Clinch wrote:

http://www.velovision.co.uk/cgi-bin/...l?storynum=633 gives
you a quick look at Inspired Cycle Engineering's new "budget" Tricen.
Still not cheap, and there's things like the Steins available for less,

Not *much* less these days - we've had to put the prices up to cope with
increased raw material and import costs unfortunately. Start price on a
Road Shark is going to be around £1400....

--
Carol
Westcountry Recumbents

Old August 1st 04, 09:33 PM
Richard Corfield

Carol Hague wrote:

Not *much* less these days - we've had to put the prices up to cope with
increased raw material and import costs unfortunately. Start price on a
Road Shark is going to be around £1400....

Its interesting, and good to see some competition. I wonder if ICE and
Greenspeed are competing head to head more, based on quite direct comments
about steering technology on ICE's site. Both manufacturers now also
provide drum braked models in the sub-£2000 area. The competition is
perhaps a sign that trikes are becoming more popular and more accepted.

I feel happier telling people more about where I got mine, knowing there's
more chance they could afford the thing. People ask me about mine, and for
all I know they may be millionaires just doing a street cleaning type job
and living on a council estate, but I'm afraid I sometimes feel a bit
embarrassed by the price.

I know it took quite some saving up so it wasn't just a case of being
stupidly rich and going out and blowing that kind of money, and it is
cheaper than a second car, but it is a bit of a luxury. Good fun though,
and its getting well used. 3 weeks of cycling to work on it has really done
my hill climbing abilities wonders.

- Richard