Orange road bike helmet

Old November 25th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Orange road bike helmet

Ok silly question. I'm looking for either an
orange or (tennis ball) yellow helmet. Who
makes/sells them? I googled for "orange
bicycle helmet" to no avail.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old November 26th 05, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks, I did flip through the Giro, Bell, and Louis Garneau
sites to no avail. I just find it odd that manufacturers don't
make helmets with the highest visible colors.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old November 26th 05, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

What model is it? Is it pure tennis ball yellow, or is it
"designed" with that as one of the colors.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old November 26th 05, 12:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

"Zilla" wrote:
Ok silly question. I'm looking for either an
orange or (tennis ball) yellow helmet. Who
makes/sells them? I googled for "orange
bicycle helmet" to no avail.

Colors change with each year's models. I have a bright yellow Giro Eclipse,
but I don't think it's available anymore.

According to the BHSI website, the 2005 Giro E2 is available in a "very
visible orange and white."

The Bell "Citi," Lazer "Devil," and Specialized "Decibel" come in yellow.
Also check Pro-Tec helmets.

See:
http://www.bhsi.org/helmet05.htm

Art Harris

Old November 26th 05, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:32:34 -0500, "Zilla" wrote:

Ok silly question. I'm looking for either an
orange or (tennis ball) yellow helmet. Who
makes/sells them? I googled for "orange
bicycle helmet" to no avail.

My old F104 Limar is bright yellow and retired.

I doubt you'll find that particular model in new condition anymore, but Limar
has always had a variety of ghastly colors available.

Ron
Old November 26th 05, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Thanks, I saw the cool site you posted during my search.
I went ahead and bought a boring but visible white again.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old November 26th 05, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Zilla wrote:

Ok silly question. I'm looking for either an
orange or (tennis ball) yellow helmet. Who
makes/sells them? I googled for "orange
bicycle helmet" to no avail.

MET make one which is orange on its lower half.
Old November 27th 05, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 17:32:34 -0500, "Zilla" wrote:

Ok silly question. I'm looking for either an
orange or (tennis ball) yellow helmet. Who
makes/sells them? I googled for "orange
bicycle helmet" to no avail.

I've also had the same problem. I simply bought a roll of fluorescent orange safety tape and
covered my helmet with it. That thing can be seen for kilometres!