Motor cars are dangerous.

Old March 27th 14, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC[_2_]

Default Motor cars are dangerous.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 23:25:03 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:52:33 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:50:47 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.

The poorest 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Presumably renters are included in the household stats above.

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the cyclists
on the road have no insurance.

What is the average income of cyclists compared to the average income
of the population?

Going to give us another made-up lie, idiot boy?
Old March 27th 14, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC[_2_]

On Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:06:50 -0300, Judith wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 20:44:29 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 20:09:17 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:52:48 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 15:26:08 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 14:08:03 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:34:40 +0000, Judith
wrote:

Toxocariasis

Oh, does wiping a dog's arse prevent dogs from getting roundworm?

No - but it may prevent them wiping the dog **** off their arse on the carpet
or on to the childrens bedding.

I thought that bi-monthly or tri-monthly worming tablets did that. But
perhaps you know something vets don't know.

I certainly know that dogs and hence dog **** in a house with a child is not in
the best interests of the child.

http://dogsbabies.com/wp-content/upl...restaurant.jpg

Is that your dog and brat? Who is the other one?

No.

I'm sorry, I was sure there was a family resemblance with the dog.

Which end?
Old March 27th 14, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_6_]

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:32:41 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:03:16 -0000, "Tarcap"
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
. ..

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:25:12 -0000, "Tarcap"
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:05:15 +0000 (UTC), Scion
wrote:

Bertie Wooster put finger to keyboard:

Earlier today I left Chinbook Meadows with Meg.

Meg sat nicely on the pavement infront of the zebra crossing.

Cars in both directions stopped for us, and I called Meg to heel and
started to cross the road.

CRASH

A young lad in a car with a loud beatbox, smashed into the car infront
of him. That car then smashed into the shiny new car in front of her.
And that car was shunted onto the crossing narrowly missing Meg.

I continued over the crossing and went on my way, betting that the three
car drivers wished they had gone by bike.

Location:

data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syZdKdvPZsOzaaiw9b5eppA!2e0 ?hl=en

Why didn't you offer your details as a witness to the two not-at-fault
drivers?

How are they "not-at-fault"? Would the crash have occurred had they
chosen another form of transport?

Probably not if they had chosen aircraft or cruise liners as their form of
transport, but as they chose to use the road which they are completely
entitled to, then of course it would have occurred. In fact, had they
chosen
bicycles, they probably would have been quite badly injured.

Oh - I thought that cyclists invariably sailed through pedestrian
crossings. Perhaps I am mistaken.

You appear to be saying that cyclists sailing through pedestrian crossings
is a good thing, then?

It is if the alternative it to have some dimwitted motor car driver
ram you.

There is more than one alternative.

They could give up their childrens toys when they are out and
traveling among grown-ups.
Old March 27th 14, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

--
"7 miles at 12mph takes 84 mins on a push bike. 7 miles at 70mph takes
about 8 mins."
Old March 27th 14, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

m...

wrote:

[...]

That is no help at all.

You may recall that Meg and I were on foot when the motorists rammed
one another - no bicycles involved.
Old March 27th 14, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

[...]

For what reason did you post it in a cycling NG, then?

Old March 27th 14, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 17:08:55 -0000, "Tarcap"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

om...

wrote:

[...]

Because I betted myself at the time that the drivers wished they had
been on bicycles.

Do please keep up.
Old March 27th 14, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

wrote:

[...]

Oh, I see. So tacking the word bicycle onto the end of an otherwise
irrelevant post make it on topic, does it?
I bet Adolf Hitler wished he rode a bicycle, too.

Old March 27th 14, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.

The poorest 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Presumably renters are included in the household stats above.

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the cyclists
on the road have no insurance.

What is the average income of cyclists compared to the average income
of the population?

Going to give us another made-up lie, idiot boy?

That wasn't me :-)

vehicle fit only for the poor and/or strange," Dave Horton, of Lancaster
University, wrote in an interim assessment of the Understanding Walking
and Cycling study. "For them, cycling is a bit embarrassing, they fail
to see its purpose, and have no interest in integrating it into their
lives, certainly on a regular basis."
Old March 27th 14, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave- Cyclists VORC

wrote:

Toxocariasis

Oh, does wiping a dog's arse prevent dogs from getting roundworm?

No - but it may prevent them wiping the dog **** off their arse on the carpet
or on to the childrens bedding.

I thought that bi-monthly or tri-monthly worming tablets did that. But
perhaps you know something vets don't know.

I certainly know that dogs and hence dog **** in a house with a child is not in
the best interests of the child.

http://dogsbabies.com/wp-content/upl...restaurant.jpg

Is that your dog and brat? Who is the other one?

No.

I'm sorry, I was sure there was a family resemblance with the dog.

Which end?

That wasn't me either :-)

--
Dave - Cyclists VORC
Bicycles are for Children. Like masturbation, something you should grow

More dangerous cars! Doug[_3_] UK 26 June 13th 10 10:41 AM
They don't even know why these dangerous cars surge out of control! Doug[_3_] UK 124 March 7th 10 10:22 AM
Even more dangerous cars allowed on our roads? Doug[_3_] UK 35 February 13th 10 07:40 PM
Very dangerous cars are allowed on our roads. Doug[_3_] UK 183 February 8th 10 11:05 AM
"Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous." Doug[_3_] UK 56 September 14th 09 05:57 PM