KH 2007 Products- details & info are here

Old September 18th 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madc-ccc

Default KH 2007 Products- details & info are here

QUESTION IS: HOW COULD I *NOT* POST MY OWN MESSAGE IN THIS THREAD,
KNOWING THAT I AM TOTALLY EXCITED BY THE NEW RANGE OF KH
PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually looking forward to buy the new 24" model - and I may also
change the saddle of my 29"/36" unis to the new KH Freeride model -
looks sooooo great!

All in all, this is of course certainly a good choice to go ISIS for
the hub/cranks...

The one thing I may regret from the proprietary KH splined hub
mechanism, though, is
_the_ability_to_exchange_cranks_within_a_matter_of _seconds_and_with_only_an_Allen_key_
- because it is not tapered.

I find this highly convenient, at least here in the Alps where I am
surrounded by high mountains - for instance with the KH29XC: 127mm
cranks on the road to reach the "foot" of the mountain, and then
140/150mm cranks for the actual off-road fun!

Of course, some will answer that by Winter'07 there will be a good
solution to this: the new KH geared hub!!! Well... you are right - I
will have to think about it!

Kris, *could you still confirm us that the new KH ISIS cranks could
indeed *NOT* be extracted with only an Allen key - and will require the
use of a crank extractor?* This is the way Koxx-1 cranks work, and I
believe that this is a side-effect of the ISIS concept, right?

_CONGRATULATIONS_FOR_THIS_GREAT_WORK,_KRIS!_

MadC.

--
madc-ccc
madc-ccc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1099

Old September 18th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

musketman wrote:
Hmm.. now my muni has old technology! when the geared hubs come out Im
getting one on My 26". The only problem is I like my 175's on the 26. I
guess I could get used to 165's though.

If they're ISIS, maybe you can use ISIS bike cranks on it? 175 is a
very common size for bike cranks.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old September 18th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

madc-ccc wrote:
*
snip
Kris, [b]could you still confirm us that the new KH ISIS cranks could
indeed *NOT* be extracted with only an Allen key - and will require the
use of a crank extractor?*
MadC.

Yes it's true that they need a crank extractor; that was a nice feature
of the '05 hub but we had to give it up. Could be something to work on
in future though.

Cheers,

Kris

--
danger_uni
danger_uni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/21

Old September 18th 06, 05:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pete66

danger_uni wrote:
Yes it's true that they need a crank extractor; that was a nice feature
of the '05 hub but we had to give it up. Could be something to work on
in future though.

Cheers,

Kris

Intriguing, I really liked the way you could extract the '05 cranks
except the "extractors" on it eventually fell off and I lost one of
them.

Have you got a specific extractor mechanism in mind that could work
with the tapered/splined crankset? Would it even be possible to have
anything similar to the 05 "crank puller"? Surely it'd need some clever
tapering of it's own to get the crank removal started?

Either that or maybe you could look at releasing the "KH Gadget" where
you'd have a light weight crank puller, 10mm socket and all the needed
allenkeys integrated into one cool tool Ha, not that I'd ever need
to take my cranks off anyway.

--
pete66

Peter Shilton wrote:

"You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll
win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked
out."

pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812

Old September 18th 06, 06:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

madc-ccc wrote:
I find this highly convenient, at least here in the Alps where I am
surrounded by high mountains - for instance with the KH29XC: 127mm
cranks on the road to reach the "foot" of the mountain, and then
140/150mm cranks for the actual off-road fun!

While the change may make it easier for crank switching, the process
even with the right tools is still a time consuming pain. Not sure how
well it would work on a muni (which gets dirty), but I think the
concept of having multiple pedal holes drilled on the cranks is
superior for changing crank length. The set I have on my 'GB4 36'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=203333) lets me go from
130 to 150 to 170, total elapsed time to switch both pedals and adjust
my seat height is 2 minutes. Would be interesting to have two length
options on something like the XC.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

UNICYCLING to fight Multiple Sclerosis...click 'here'
(http://tinyurl.com/px9q9) to help.

Old September 18th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pdc

tomblackwood wrote:
While the change may make it easier for crank switching, the process
even with the right tools is still a time consuming pain. Not sure how
well it would work on a muni (which gets dirty), but I think the
concept of having multiple pedal holes drilled on the cranks is
superior for changing crank length. The set I have on my 'GB4 36'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=203333) lets me go from
130 to 150 to 170, total elapsed time to switch both pedals and adjust
my seat height is 2 minutes. Would be interesting to have two length
options on something like the XC.

I sold one set that had just 2 settings. I still have that blue set
available - 125mm, 150mm, 175mm.

|Filename: Kookas5.JPG |

pdc

"What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
mother"
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old September 18th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
DustinSchaap

Good work Kris, I like what you did on the unis, especially the prices.
I was expecting a drop in price because of the switch to ISIS but
nothing this big.

Municycle.com presents:

KH 2007 20": http://tinyurl.com/hg42x
KH 2007 24": http://tinyurl.com/hg42x
KH 2007 29": http://tinyurl.com/lxrj4

KH 2007 hub: http://tinyurl.com/s38kc
KH 2007 cranks: http://tinyurl.com/e9bkh

*Note:* They're not on stock yet, from what I've heard they'll be here
at the end of this month or the start of the next.

Cheers,

Dustin

--
DustinSchaap

Owner of 'EenWiel.nl' (http://eenwiel.nl), the Dutch unicyclist
community.

Saying *nigga* is not being racist.
DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614

Old September 19th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
theanswerisnt42

For those of you wanting easier crank extraction, you can buy bolt, nut,
and washer combinations that do exactly this,
http://www.sandsmachine.com/ac_bolt.htm
the link is just for demonstration, there are newer/ current models
still availible.

Then all you need is an 8mm Alan key

--
theanswerisnt42
theanswerisnt42's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11542

Old September 19th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
KcTheAcy

What kind of rim tape do the rims need.

--
KcTheAcy

¤-kaycee
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/kaycees-unicycle-gallery
KcTheAcy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5003

Old September 19th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

I'm guessing tryall rim tape will work.

--
mornish

tugboat wrote:
Hopping over a 7 set rail... I made it over and and cleared the set, but
the impact apparently wasn't good for the wheel...

If im walking along a path and a shark falls out of the sky, I would
consider that completely random.