Trolling - Is it unCanadian?

Old July 28th 03, 04:11 PM
Pat

Default Trolling - Is it unCanadian?

x-no-archive:Yes

We play better football.

And that's why you have never ever won a world cup, or even taken part in
many.

BTW: how many soccer World Cups has Canada won--or even taken part in?

I'm waiting.;...

Pat in TX

Old July 28th 03, 06:09 PM
Mark Weaver

"archer" wrote in message
We play better football.

And that's why you have never ever won a world cup, or even taken part

in
many.

The women have won two.

And the men made the semi's last year (and should have beaten the Germans
and earned the opportunity to get stomped by Brazil in the finals). Combine
the men's and women's performance that has to make the US the overall world
champs, no?

Old July 28th 03, 06:41 PM
archer

In article , weaver@nospam-
corvusdev.com says...

"archer" wrote in message
We play better football.

And that's why you have never ever won a world cup, or even taken part

in
many.

The women have won two.

And the men made the semi's last year (and should have beaten the Germans
and earned the opportunity to get stomped by Brazil in the finals).

And that's what would have happened, most likely. Just last week, the US
Mens National Team was beaten by Brazil's under-23 team in the CONCACAF
gold cup tournament. Just imagine what would have happened if they went
against Brazil's first string!

Combine
the men's and women's performance that has to make the US the overall world
champs, no?

I guess so!!!! GGGG

--
David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good

Old July 28th 03, 09:39 PM

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:11:13 -0500, "Pat" wrote:

x-no-archive:Yes

We play better football.

And that's why you have never ever won a world cup, or even taken part in
many.

BTW: how many soccer World Cups has Canada won--or even taken part in?

I'm waiting.;...

Pat in TX

I know of at least one but I but then we are only have a population
of 30 million to your roughly 300 million. Besides no self respecting
Canadian male would play the sport when he can play hockey

Old July 28th 03, 09:51 PM

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:06:01 -0400, "Mark Weaver"
wrote:

"Mike Latondresse" wrote in message

Yeah but they become the best in Canada and any good American team is
mostly Canadians with the odd Minnesotan and Euro thrown in.

Hmmm. Funny how that they let all those Canadians and Euros play on the US
Hockey Olympic team. Yes, I know the Canadians won the gold medal game last
year -- but I also seem to remember something about it being the first gold
hockey medal in 50 years or so, no?

If you do remember in the past our best turned pro and could never
played in the Olympics (sort of like your basketball players)
When they did allow them it was in the start of the NHL playoffs so
many of best never got to play. Look at the last two when we played
our best with little practice as team a silver which should of been
gold totally outplayed the Chez's but Hassik stoned us and the last
one we demoralized the US if it wasn't for Richter standing on his
head it would have been much higher. Oh yes didn't we win the World
the year before and the juniors.
Don't forget the great game the woman played against 7 US players
while only having 5 men on the ice.

Old July 28th 03, 10:04 PM
Stergios Papadakis

wrote:

Don't forget the great game the woman played against 7 US players
while only having 5 men on the ice.

What?

Stergios
Old July 29th 03, 11:19 PM
Pat

x-no-archive:yes

Don't forget the great game the woman played against 7 US players
while only having 5 men on the ice.

What?

Stergios

The seventh was the american referee(has been banned) who called
everything under the sun against the Canadian team who played short
handed most of the game
so that's 7 against 5

So, the Canadian women's team has men on it? Is that what you're saying?
Who was this referee, btw?

Pat in TX

Old July 29th 03, 11:52 PM
S. Anderson

"Brian Sanderson" wrote in message
Good Grief!

YES! the TDF is UnAmerican...so whadayawant? A Return of the HUAC

hearings?

BTW, most Canadians are UnAmerican too, and we play better Hockey...

Speaking as a Canadian, I think it's UnCanadian to brag...

Cheers,

Scott..

Old July 30th 03, 01:27 AM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 30 Jul 2003 00:18:03 GMT,
,
wrote:

Speaking as a Canadian, I think it's UnCanadian to brag...

Cheers,

Scott..

Maybe it's about time

shhh, world domination 2012!