Truck bed skewers? How to install or where to?

Old August 2nd 03, 11:02 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Truck bed skewers? How to install or where to?

On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 18:54:47 GMT, Bret wrote:
I have a fiberglass lid on my truck bed as well. I went to a
trailer-hitch-mounted rack. Upside? No removing bike wheels. Downside?
It makes your truck another couple of feet longer (I can't fit my truck
in the garage any more).

....and it requires you to trust that your bike will stay
strapped to it. When I had a trunk rack on my car, I was
so paranoid that I spent 15 minutes securing my bike any
time I loaded it -- strap it, tie it, remove speedometer
and other loose items...

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 3rd 03, 02:15 PM
Bret

I bought a rack that has an "antisway" system, which
keeps the bikes fairly level. And there are a couple
of straps that hold the bike fairly snugly. I do take
the extra 30 seconds though to strap an extra bungy
or two over the top of the bike(s) to make sure there's
a little extra down force. The rack is mounted
very sturdily to the class-3 hitch of the truck. I did
use a trunk rack a couple of times on a car and I
always felt like it was going to fly off at any moment.

news