Last Child in the Woods -- Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

Old February 11th 07, 06:20 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
S Curtiss

Default Last Child in the Woods -- Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:32:32 -0500, "S Curtiss"
wrote:

It's predictable that mountain bikers will hate anyone telling the
truth about their selfish, destructive, sick, extreme sport. DUH!
How would you know?

Long, repeated experience.

The point was that you wouldn't know, as you don't tell the truth. But
you missed it, as usual.

I always tell the truth, unlike mountain bikers.
===

LOL - You hide behind a position of self-appointed superiority claiming
truth for the only purpose of being able to place non-conforming comments
into a category you can simplify as false. It is merely your OPINION that
off-road cycling is a "selfish, destructive, sick, extreme sport".
You claim "science" and "truth" only as a product of your own defense so
as
to simply claim off-road cyclists are liars when they disagree with your
opinions. That is even more obvious when you are taxed by definite
questions
and avoid them with misdirection, character assasination or the MV classic
response "Did you say something?"
The FACT that national and local agencies recognize the validity and
non-destructive nature of off-road cycling also sheds further light on
your
lack of substance. They no longer a need a middle-man such as you to feed
them selected information when they have direct access to the first hand
research at the touch of a button.
It is laughably pathetic that you caused your own demise by placing your
personal OPINION of off-road cycling above any honest discussion of
environmental preservation and access.

Did you say something?
===

That's about what I would expect. With no integrity in your "reviews" or
your "papers" there can obviously be no honesty in your support of the
statements you make.

Old February 24th 07, 09:04 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Roberto Baggio

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:59:37 -0800, cc wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:02:52 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:37:40 GMT, Mike Vandeman
said in :

It's predictable that mountain bikers will hate anyone telling the
truth about their selfish, destructive, sick, extreme sport. DUH!
How would you know?

Long, repeated experience.

The point was that you wouldn't know, as you don't tell the truth. But
you missed it, as usual.

I always tell the truth, unlike mountain bikers.

I've already proven that you've lied more than once. Stating that you
always tell the truth is therefore a lie. Keep adding to the pile of lies.

Old February 24th 07, 05:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

said in :

It's predictable that mountain bikers will hate anyone telling the
truth about their selfish, destructive, sick, extreme sport. DUH!
How would you know?

Long, repeated experience.

The point was that you wouldn't know, as you don't tell the truth. But
you missed it, as usual.

I always tell the truth, unlike mountain bikers.

I've already proven that you've lied more than once. Stating that you
always tell the truth is therefore a lie. Keep adding to the pile of lies.

I am still waiting for even ONE example.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 24th 07, 07:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
R p j

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
I am a troll, it sure does suck to be me. :(

We couldn't agree more