uk.rec.cycling.moderated

Old May 26th 09, 07:03 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
jms

Default uk.rec.cycling.moderated

I wish to take part in this proposed democratic process.

I will use the email address : jms for any
discussion of this matter - and this matter alone.

I will restrict the use of this address to the question of moderation.

Those who do not wish to see my views may add my name to their
kill-file.

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman's nym : Lou Knee having any
part in the discussion and voting process.

judithsmith

Old May 26th 09, 07:34 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Peter J Ross[_2_]

In uk.net.news.config on Tue, 26 May 2009 19:03:28 +0100, jms
wrote:

I wish to take part in this proposed democratic process.

I will use the email address : jms for any
discussion of this matter - and this matter alone.

I will restrict the use of this address to the question of moderation.

Those who do not wish to see my views may add my name to their
kill-file.

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman's nym : Lou Knee having any
part in the discussion and voting process.

judithsmith

Wouldn't it be better if I were the new moderator?

I don't give a **** about cycling, and I have no preferences among the
losers who post to cycling newsgroups while obviously being too busy
posting to Usenet ten times an hour to ever mount a bike.

So I'm NEUTRAL!

Vote for me! Pick MEEEEE! PJR for the cycling moderator! You know it
makes sense.

Btw, if you ever learn how to read the relevant documentation and
present a less inadequate proposal as a result, I'll instantly stop
making fun of you.

http://www.usenet.org.uk/

--
PJR :-)
slrn newsreader v0.9.9p1: http://slrn.sourceforge.net/
Old May 26th 09, 08:15 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

wrote:

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

ROFLMAO!

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

Because he is one of the few here who haven't simply killfiled your
nym-shifting obsessive repetitious drivel, of course :-)

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

Almost enough to make me want to be one, but not quite.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman's nym : Lou Knee having any
part in the discussion and voting process.

LOL! When the joke comes out you will look sooooooooo stupid! Oh,
wait, you already /do/ look that stupid!

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/urc | http://www.nohelmetlaw.org.uk/

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Newsgroup may contain nuts.
Old May 26th 09, 08:19 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

On Tue, 26 May 2009 19:34:03 +0100, Peter J Ross
wrote:

Btw, if you ever learn how to read the relevant documentation and
present a less inadequate proposal as a result, I'll instantly stop
making fun of you.

Hullo Peter. Nice to see you here. I recall seeing your trolling in
action at the ousting of Henrietta Thomas, hierarchy maintainer of
us.* and later destruction of us.config. Anyway - meet Judith - a
wanabe troll, worthy of your attention, and a rival to Henrietta for
kookishness.
Old May 26th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Marc[_2_]

wrote:

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

ROFLMAO!

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

Because he is one of the few here who haven't simply killfiled your
nym-shifting obsessive repetitious drivel, of course :-)

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

Almost enough to make me want to be one, but not quite.

Bloody hell my crystal ball was good!
Old May 26th 09, 08:41 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
mileburner

"jms" wrote in message

I wish to take part in this proposed democratic process.

If JT says anything remotely sensible please can someone repost it?

Old May 26th 09, 09:22 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Tue, 26 May 2009 20:41:15 +0100, "mileburner"
wrote:

If JT says anything remotely sensible please can someone repost it?

Be sure to check back if you haven't heard before the heat death of
the universe.

Guy

Old May 26th 09, 09:34 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Peter J Ross[_2_]

wrote:

Btw, if you ever learn how to read the relevant documentation and
present a less inadequate proposal as a result, I'll instantly stop
making fun of you.

Hullo Peter. Nice to see you here. I recall seeing your trolling in
action at the ousting of Henrietta Thomas, hierarchy maintainer of
us.* and later destruction of us.config. Anyway - meet Judith - a
wanabe troll, worthy of your attention, and a rival to Henrietta for
kookishness.

Don't you diss my friend Henrietta! I used to think she was a kook,
but then I saw what her successors did to the us.* hierarchy, and I
learned what real kooks were. By the time HKT suddenly disappeared
from Usenet, she and I were in complete agreement about almost
everything.

Anyway, I'm sorry to report that my trolling days are over. I had a
lot of fun, but then I ran out of amusing ideas. But I reserve the
right to make fun of stupid people if I happen to encounter them.

Old May 26th 09, 11:11 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

wrote:

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

ROFLMAO!

She would be a darn sight better than you and many, many others.

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

Because he is one of the few here who haven't simply killfiled your
nym-shifting obsessive repetitious drivel, of course :-)

Never mind whether he would be a good moderator: the fact that he
*tolerates others' opinions* disqualifies him in your book.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

Almost enough to make me want to be one, but not quite.

Thank **** for that. Judith, please, don't mention it anymo
neither of us want him as a moderator (I suspect that he does secretly
want to be one, but he doesn't want to lose face by saying that and
then not getting enough votes. But the result will be the same, with
any luck).

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman's nym : Lou Knee having any
part in the discussion and voting process.

LOL! *When the joke comes out you will look sooooooooo stupid! *Oh,
wait, you already /do/ look that stupid!

Why won't you answer the question then? Have you ever posted as Lou
Knee?

There is no "joke", except you.
Old May 26th 09, 11:14 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

On May 26, 7:03*pm, jms wrote:
I wish to take part in this proposed democratic process.

I will use the email address : jms for any
discussion of this matter - and this matter alone.

I will restrict the use of this address to the question of moderation.

Those who do not wish to see my views may add my name to their
kill-file.

Can't have other people's opinions being allowed...where would a
newsgroup be with conflicting opinions? Much better to have everyone
thinking the same, then the discussions will be much more interesting.

I would like to put my self forward as a moderator.

Seconded.

I would like to propose Simon Mason as a moderator.

Seconded. I would also like to propose JNugent.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman being a moderator.

Definitely seconded.

I would strongly object to Guy Chapman's nym : Lou Knee having any
part in the discussion and voting process.

I think he's too much of a coward to use that nym again, but seconded.