World's Tallest Unicycle Record Attempt in January 2004!

Old January 9th 04, 05:29 AM
Ken Fuchs

Default World's Tallest Unicycle Record Attempt in January 2004!

You can see pictures of some previous World's Tallest Unicycle Records
and information about this next attempt at:

http://semcycle.com/

Click on World's Tallest Unicycle Record link.

I'm really happy to see that Sem is attempting a new record!

Many unicyclists, including myself, have expressed serious doubts about
the current 101 foot record.

I have no doubt that Sem will show the world who the greatest unicyclist
in the world is.

Please let everyone know what you think about this spectacular and
incredible attempt.

Good luck Sem!

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs
Old January 9th 04, 05:43 AM
mgrant

I thought that the Guiness record people had stopped accepting record
attempts for the tallest unicycle because:

the freestyle riding of ever taller unicycles (i.e., without any safety
harness) must inevitably lead to serious injury or fatality.

Perhaps this only applies for non-harnessed rides?

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.

mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

Old January 9th 04, 05:53 AM
bugman

That is just nuts! I wouldn't feel comfortable at that height on a
fixed tower of similiar design. And I used to jump out of airplanes
Sem Good Luck! Can't wait to see you do it! And I am sure you will.

--
bugman - Equilibrium Challenged

"Trying to maintain balance by wild arm and body motions is something
like trying to balance a wet noodle"
Jack Wiley _The_Unicycle_Book_

Old January 9th 04, 05:53 AM
john_childs

Wow! Go Sem!
The web site shows the building of the unicycle and some of the design.
Neat stuff. I wonder how much flex there will be in the frame as he is
riding it?

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old January 9th 04, 06:12 AM
nathan

Wow! Fantastic website with so many construction photos and real
information. Loved seeing the old videos again of Sem's previous records
too.

---Nathan

--
nathan - BIG rides: Muni & Coker
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

Old January 9th 04, 07:57 AM
Darren

Sem and Teresa

Let us know when the ride will be...

There is a group from Toronto who will be
there to cheer you on !!!

Way to go ! All the best ! Can't wait !

Darren

P.S. Should I check the Skydome ceiling height
here in Toronto ?!

You could lean the 117' unicycle against the
CN Tower to mount it !!!

--
Darren
Darren's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3989

Old January 9th 04, 08:20 AM
paco

I sensed some bitterness whenever it is mentioned that the record was
given to a uni supported by a taut wire. I would like to see Sem get
the record, if for nothing else than to end the controversy.

--
paco - Proud owner of 2 opposable thumbs

Sounds exactly like an orthodic support for shoes, only different. Would
this be called a butt-thodic support? or glutethodic?
-S_Wallis
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old January 9th 04, 08:42 AM
nickjb

It is well worth watching the Steve McPeak video to get an idea of just
how amazingly tall sem's unicycle will be.

Good luck to them.

Nick

--
nickjb - one wheel short
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old January 9th 04, 09:36 AM
GILD

Darren wrote:
*You could lean the 117' unicycle against the
CN Tower to mount it !!! *

no way!
i want to see a freemount!
we'll wait...

apart from being the guy with the disputed record, who IS steve mcpeaks?

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

SPACESHIP EARTH

Namaste!
Dave

Old January 9th 04, 09:51 AM
toddw9

has anybody figured out a way to take out at least some of the stretch
in a chain that long (either that or some other type of drive system).
Looking at these videos, the pedaling is going a lot faster than the
wheel, I'm assuming that's just stretch in the chain drive at that
height.

--
toddw9 - No, I'm not a clown.
toddw9's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4466