Live it up before you die! Waste lots of resources!

Old September 8th 09, 02:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Live it up before you die! Waste lots of resources!

On Sep 7, 9:20*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
*Andre Jute wrote:

Keitht KeithT wrote:

[...]

Not long before Yellowstone wakes up,

You're not very well informed, are you, Keith? Yellowstone has in fact
been *ruined* by well-meaning conservationists.

You do not know to what he refers when he mentions Yellowstone.

I know. There's probably a career for you, dear Michael, dotting the
tees and crossing the eyes behind some bright and interesting person,
but that bright and interesting person isn't me. My attention span is
too short to do you any favours, and my patience with displays of the
obvious even shorter. My pet pedants need to be a quite a bit more
sensitive than you to nuance and irony and, most confusing of all,
simple straight-up whimsy. That said, I did enjoy your capsule of
weather types, and the next time I run into the fellow who misinformed
me on that subject I'll take care of him and say it is a message from
Michael Press. -- Andre Jute

By the way, returning pedantry for pedantry, fair's fair, "to what he
refers" may be grammatically perfectly correct but it is atrocious
English; when in doubt, reproduce the vernacular and leave the grammar
on the school desk, and you'll sound less like a speaking robot c1958.
"You don't know which Yellowstone he's talking about," is so much
clearer, and punchier too.

Andre Jute
Relentless rigour -- Gaius Germanicus Caesar
Old September 8th 09, 03:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
Andre Jute wrote:

On Sep 7, 9:20Â*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,
Â*Andre Jute wrote:

Keitht KeithT wrote:

[...]

Not long before Yellowstone wakes up,

You're not very well informed, are you, Keith? Yellowstone has in fact
been *ruined* by well-meaning conservationists.

You do not know to what he refers when he mentions Yellowstone.

I know. There's probably a career for you, dear Michael, dotting the
tees and crossing the eyes behind some bright and interesting person,
but that bright and interesting person isn't me. My attention span is
too short to do you any favours, and my patience with displays of the
obvious even shorter. My pet pedants need to be a quite a bit more

Indicating that you missed a point is not pedantry.

sensitive than you to nuance and irony and, most confusing of all,
simple straight-up whimsy. That said, I did enjoy your capsule of
weather types,

You are welcome.

and the next time I run into the fellow who misinformed
me on that subject I'll take care of him and say it is a message from
Michael Press. -- Andre Jute

By the way, returning pedantry for pedantry, fair's fair, "to what he
refers" may be grammatically perfectly correct but it is atrocious
English; when in doubt, reproduce the vernacular and leave the grammar
on the school desk, and you'll sound less like a speaking robot c1958.
"You don't know which Yellowstone he's talking about," is so much
clearer, and punchier too.

You chose to edit my prose. Is it because you think
I am being pedantic and wish to emulate me?

--
Michael Press