atb - good luck..

Old October 15th 04, 08:02 AM
Dej

Default atb - good luck..

good luck to those entered..
weather is supposedly going to be 22 and fine (it just had to be better than
last year)

Old October 15th 04, 08:41 AM
kyra

Dej Wrote:
good luck to those entered..
weather is supposedly going to be 22 and fine (it just had to be bette
than
last year)

yes, i've heard 24 and fine after early morning drissle... lets hop
for a tailwind on the way home through geeeelong

--
kyra

Old October 15th 04, 11:28 AM
Gags

"Dej" wrote in message
good luck to those entered..
weather is supposedly going to be 22 and fine (it just had to be better

than
last year)

I am definately looking forward to leaving home at 0430h......

We have a group of about 10 guys from work riding together and today one of
the guys gave a pre-ride brief.......it was power point presentation that
mentioned hydration strategies, what food to take, clothing, etc. He also
went through a map, pointing out significant landmarks and giving us the
initial rest stop plan.

The closing slide was the 7 p's....prior preparation and planning prevents
**** poor performance.

We is ready to roll...........

Ride On,

Gags

Old October 15th 04, 11:44 AM
B.T.

My LBS was crowded tonight with people stocking up on gear and pickin
up their serviced bikes

Good luck to all. Have a cushion prepared at home for after :

--
B.T.

Old October 15th 04, 10:59 PM
flyingdutch

Gags Wrote:
... today one ofthe guys gave a pre-ride brief.......it was power poin
presentation that mentioned hydration strategies, what food to take
clothing, etc. He also went through a map, pointing out significan
landmarks and giving us the initial rest stop plan.

The closing slide was the 7 p's....prior preparation and plannin
prevents
**** poor performance.

We is ready to roll...........

Ride On,

Gags

will he be handing out hardcopies for you all to refer to whils
riding? LOL :

--
flyingdutch

Old October 16th 04, 01:53 AM
jazmo

Gags Wrote:
"Dej" wrote in message
[...]

What a classic! Wish we had a presentation like that. We've got a grou
of around 15 of us from AAPT doing the ride this year, many of whom di
the ride last year. Look for us in our AAPT uniforms.

Have a great ride everyone

--
jazmo

Old October 16th 04, 02:29 AM
Parbs

"flyingdutch" wrote in message ...

Gags Wrote:
... today one ofthe guys gave a pre-ride brief.......it was power point
presentation that mentioned hydration strategies, what food to take,
clothing, etc. He also went through a map, pointing out significant
landmarks and giving us the initial rest stop plan.

The closing slide was the 7 p's....prior preparation and planning
prevents
**** poor performance.

We is ready to roll...........

Ride On,

Gags

will he be handing out hardcopies for you all to refer to whilst
riding? LOL

--
flyingdutch

As little stickers to attach to the bars/top tube?

Parbs

Old October 16th 04, 04:13 AM
Dej

"jazmo" wrote in message

Gags Wrote:
"Dej" wrote in message
[...]

What a classic! Wish we had a presentation like that. We've got a group
of around 15 of us from AAPT doing the ride this year, many of whom did
the ride last year. Look for us in our AAPT uniforms.

Have a great ride everyone.

--
jazmo

I'll keep an eye out, you riding the mtb?
We'll be wearing red jersey's with a white CSIRO logo on the back..
there's about 25 of us in that uniform and about 15 other "splitters" with
another csiro branded jersey..
i'll be headed to sorrento first and will sacrifice a few chickens on the
ferry in order to get a tailwind similar to last years from geelong

Old October 16th 04, 11:10 AM
Gags

Gags Wrote:
... today one ofthe guys gave a pre-ride brief.......it was power

point
presentation that mentioned hydration strategies, what food to take,
clothing, etc. He also went through a map, pointing out significant
landmarks and giving us the initial rest stop plan.

The closing slide was the 7 p's....prior preparation and planning
prevents
**** poor performance.

We is ready to roll...........

Ride On,

Gags

will he be handing out hardcopies for you all to refer to whilst
riding? LOL

--
flyingdutch

As little stickers to attach to the bars/top tube?

Parbs

He actually did hand out hard copies of the presentation and did mention
something about preparing a dot-point list of major landmarks, rest stops,
etc for on the day. Gotta love those anally retentive roadies........

Gags

Old October 16th 04, 11:14 AM
Gags

"jazmo" wrote in message

Gags Wrote:
"Dej" wrote in message
[...]

I am hoping to see everyone there but things are not looking too
good......wife and two kids have been crook all day (temperature and
vomiting).......unfortunately we don't have any immediate family in Melb for
me to ring up to look after them tomorrow so I might have to stay at home
and play nursemaid.

I am shattered.....I have been looking forward to this for months and I am
keen as mustard for tomorrow.

The wife says she will let me know how she is feeling in the morning (I am
not getting my hopes up because at 4am she is bound to feel like crap).

Hope the weather ends up OK for everyone who does go.

Might cya there (fingers crossed)

Gags

Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Techniques 0 April 22nd 05 10:21 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dizzysmamma Mountain Biking 0 April 22nd 05 08:44 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Dizzysmamma Mountain Biking 0 April 22nd 05 03:53 PM
Good luck in the Mont aeek Australia 4 October 11th 04 09:26 PM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM