(OT) Multiple Posts

Old February 7th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Default (OT) Multiple Posts

OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
the next days, just as before.

I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
thing, my computer thing, or...???

Any clues appreciated...

Bill S.

Old February 7th 06, 07:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

"Sorni" wrote in message
OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply
or three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post --
still showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then
reappear in the next days, just as before.

I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a
server thing, my computer thing, or...???

Any clues appreciated...

Bill S.

I think it's your server. I don't seem to notice this on my systems.

Old February 7th 06, 11:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
the next days, just as before.

I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
thing, my computer thing, or...???

Any clues appreciated...

Bill S.

Not with Giganews.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old February 7th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

"Sorni" wrote in message
OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately?

It's happening to me with Earthlink's service.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Old February 7th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? For example, someone
will start a thread that generates a few replies, which also get a reply or
three. Then a few days later my server RE-shows the original post -- still
showing the true posting /date/, however. Some follow-ups then reappear in
the next days, just as before.

I'm getting this in all three groups I read, and it's happened before (but
not for quite a long time). Just wondering if it's a Usenet thing, a server
thing, my computer thing, or...???

Any clues appreciated...

Bill S.

The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

Old February 7th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Beverly wrote:
Sorni wrote:

OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

I'll wait to thank you (and Claire) until these posts reappear in a few days

Bill "so I'm /not/ nuts...at least in this regard" S.

Old February 7th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
Beverly wrote:
Sorni wrote:

OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

The same thing is happening to me on my home account - Road Runner.

I'll wait to thank you (and Claire) until these posts reappear in a
few days

Bill "so I'm /not/ nuts...at least in this regard" S.

I've seen a bit of it. Newsguy here.

Old February 8th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech,alt.mountain-bike

Sorni wrote:
OK, is anyone else getting "re-posts" a lot lately? {snip}

OK, today I was gone all day and there was ONE new post?!?

Bill "cue Twilight Zone theme" S.

(This was just a test. In the event of an...)