(OT) No riding for me -- I'll be in NYC!

Old February 18th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default (OT) No riding for me -- I'll be in NYC!

My bike's staying home. I'll be walking instead. I'm not sure what weather
I'm supposed to dress for -- is it going to be 15 or 50 F?

See you all later --

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Old February 18th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Claire Petersky wrote:
My bike's staying home. I'll be walking instead. I'm not sure what weather
I'm supposed to dress for -- is it going to be 15 or 50 F?

Accuweather.com (among many) can give you forecasts for any locality.

If you're mostly in Manhattan for meetings and entertainment, I'd
suggest underdressing unless you plan to walk miles. Better to be
chilled a few minutes waiting for a cab or walking a couple of blocks
than to be lugging around a huge parka everywhere you go and being too
hot most of the time.

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

RichC

Old February 18th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"rdclark" wrote in message
oups.com...

Claire Petersky wrote:
My bike's staying home. I'll be walking instead. I'm not sure what
weather
I'm supposed to dress for -- is it going to be 15 or 50 F?

Accuweather.com (among many) can give you forecasts for any locality.

If you're mostly in Manhattan for meetings and entertainment, I'd
suggest underdressing unless you plan to walk miles. Better to be
chilled a few minutes waiting for a cab or walking a couple of blocks
than to be lugging around a huge parka everywhere you go and being too
hot most of the time.

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

If you are going to real Patagonia, and not here
http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC/Pgon...jsp?src=botnav
we'd probably be interested in a short post about your trip, biking or not
biking.
Hope it's a good trip.

My favorite free place in NYC: walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. The views
are spectacular, you can occasionally ogle some commuter bikes, and the
bridge itself is a work of engineering art.

Old February 18th 06, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

rdclark wrote:

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
either.

RFM

Old February 18th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On 18 Feb 2006 12:14:50 -0800, "Fritz M" wrote:

rdclark wrote:

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
either.

I'm staying here to enjoy the great cycling weather and spring blush.

Looks like another week of clear sub-freezing nights will retard the
bloom until Claire gets back in time for it to warm up and start
raining again.

I spotted my first cherry blossoms of the year on Feb. 11th but they
were in a fairly sheltered and well lighted location. There's just the
faintest hint of pink in the air over the tree lined streets.

Enjoy your travels.
--
zk
Old February 19th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Zoot Katz wrote in
:

wrote:

rdclark wrote:

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike
either. g

I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
either.

I'm staying here to enjoy the great cycling weather and spring
blush.

Looks like another week of clear sub-freezing nights will retard
the bloom until Claire gets back in time for it to warm up and
start raining again.

I spotted my first cherry blossoms of the year on Feb. 11th but
they were in a fairly sheltered and well lighted location. There's
just the faintest hint of pink in the air over the tree lined
streets.

Enjoy your travels.

About a third of the blossoms on my Camelia are out.
Old February 19th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Claire Petersky" wrote in message
nk.net...
My bike's staying home. I'll be walking instead. I'm not sure what weather
I'm supposed to dress for -- is it going to be 15 or 50 F?

See you all later --

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

I am staying here in Minnesota and damned if I am ever going anyplace,
unless it is fabled Timbuktu. I want to go there via camel caravan across
the Sahara Desert although Hull 697 strongly advises against it. I will
pretend I am Marco Polo and I most certainly will NOT be taking my bike.
Thought you would all want to know this bit of priceless information to go
along with Claire's priceless bit of information.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 19th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"rdclark" wrote in message
oups.com...

Claire Petersky wrote:
My bike's staying home. I'll be walking instead. I'm not sure what
weather
I'm supposed to dress for -- is it going to be 15 or 50 F?

Accuweather.com (among many) can give you forecasts for any locality.

If you're mostly in Manhattan for meetings and entertainment, I'd
suggest underdressing unless you plan to walk miles. Better to be
chilled a few minutes waiting for a cab or walking a couple of blocks
than to be lugging around a huge parka everywhere you go and being too
hot most of the time.

Claire most likely is not going to NYC for anything so prosaic as a meeting
and "entertainment". No, she is in NYC to attend a symphony concert, then a
ballet and finally an opera. Why the hell else would anyone ever go to a pit
stop like NYC? Please try to get your priorities right. Claire is not a
tramp just because she rides a bicycle and posts to an all male newsgroup
like RBM. I give her more credit than that.

Old February 19th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Fritz M" wrote in message
oups.com...
rdclark wrote:

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
either.

RFM

I'll be right here in good old Minnesota. It is 20 degrees below zero (wind
chill) and even though I have a bike I sure as hell won't be riding it.

Coldest Regards,

Old February 19th 06, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

rdclark wrote:

Me, I'm leaving for Patagonia Monday. Not bringing my bike either. g

I'll be in upstate NY this week, near Albany. I won't have a bike
either.

I'm staying here to enjoy the great cycling weather and spring blush.

Looks like another week of clear sub-freezing nights will retard the
bloom until Claire gets back in time for it to warm up and start
raining again.

Posh, Claire herself will warm things up there with her "Warm Regards". I
wish she would come to Minnesota and warm things up here.

I spotted my first cherry blossoms of the year on Feb. 11th but they
were in a fairly sheltered and well lighted location. There's just the
faintest hint of pink in the air over the tree lined streets.

There will be a hint of spring in the air in Minnesota maybe around June.
Until then we just hunker down and curse our fate. Come to think of it, even
June can be a pretty bad month. You can really only depend on July, August
and September for halfway decent weather. The rest of the year is a total
loss.

Enjoy your travels.

I would like to go to someplace warm like Panama. Failing that, there is no
enjoyment in life - especially here in Mudville. Mighty Casey has struck
out!

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 03:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 06:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 04:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 03:04 PM