(OT) No riding for me -- I'll be in NYC!

Old February 26th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default (OT) No riding for me -- I'll be in NYC!

"rdclark" wrote in message
oups.com...

If you're mostly in Manhattan for meetings and entertainment, I'd
suggest underdressing unless you plan to walk miles. Better to be
chilled a few minutes waiting for a cab or walking a couple of blocks
than to be lugging around a huge parka everywhere you go and being too
hot most of the time.

We were there as tourists. I wore the big wool duffle coat
(http://s7images.sierratradingpost.co...Post/41257_02?)
over heavy sweaters, and felt grateful for the warmth while on, for example,
the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island.

It seems like a crazy place for cyclists. Maybe the outer borroughs would be
OK, but Manhattan was nuts. My husband thumped several cars as a pedestrian.
I played Momma Bear, and held onto my kids and gave all sorts of motorists
the Evil Eye to keep them in line. No one's going to run over *my* girls,
let me tell you.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/
Sponsor me for the Big Climb! See: www.active.com/donate/cpetersky06
See the books I've set free at:

Riding with North joe Unicycling 0 January 30th 05 03:51 PM
Can Riding a Recumbent Cause a Hernia? Dom Recumbent Biking 4 November 30th 04 06:58 AM
riding the whole Hudson River Ken Roberts Rides 33 October 25th 04 08:48 PM
MUni riding – Eastern Kentucky - weekend of April 23-25 billham Unicycling 5 January 26th 04 04:45 AM
Lights for Road Riding Ken Huizenga Techniques 278 January 22nd 04 03:04 PM