$30.00 Miyata Seven Ten

Old October 30th 15, 11:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default $30.00 Miyata Seven Ten

I went today to pick up my new old miyata. It was a Seven ten not a six Ten..

700C Araya rims on old school Shimano 105 hubs with a 6-speed Shimano freewheel.

Interestingly enough it has a Campy rear mech. maybe andrew can tell me which one it is?

Sakae Custom bars, stem, seat post and crankset. No saddle. Dia-compe calipers and brake levers = old school non-aero but the gum rubber hoods are still going good. Suntour Cyclone front mech and Shimano clamp on downtube shifters mounted in front of the suntour center mount for Suntour Asymmetric shifters.

An hour or two of lubing and she'll be ready to ride again.

Images he

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organi...rt_tab=new_set

Cheers
Old October 30th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:22:15 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

Images he
https://www.flickr.com/photos/organi...rt_tab=new_set

Nope. That's the link to the Yahoo Flickr "Organizer" for an upload.
Try again.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 30th 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

Images he
https://www.flickr.com/photos/organi...rt_tab=new_set

Nope. That's the link to the Yahoo Flickr "Organizer" for an upload.
Try again.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Thank you Jeff. Hopefully this one is the right one.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskjMpXeA

Cheers
Old October 30th 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 30/10/2015 23:22, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I went today to pick up my new old miyata. It was a Seven ten not a six Ten.

700C Araya rims on old school Shimano 105 hubs with a 6-speed Shimano freewheel.

Interestingly enough it has a Campy rear mech. maybe andrew can tell me which one it is?

Sakae Custom bars, stem, seat post and crankset. No saddle. Dia-compe calipers and brake levers = old school non-aero but the gum rubber hoods are still going good. Suntour Cyclone front mech and Shimano clamp on downtube shifters mounted in front of the suntour center mount for Suntour Asymmetric shifters.

An hour or two of lubing and she'll be ready to ride again.

You've got stronger butt cheeks than me if you think a bike with no
saddle is ready to ride :-)

Old October 31st 15, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

I went today to pick up my new old miyata. It was a Seven ten not a six Ten.

700C Araya rims on old school Shimano 105 hubs with a 6-speed Shimano freewheel.

Interestingly enough it has a Campy rear mech. maybe andrew can tell me which one it is?

Sakae Custom bars, stem, seat post and crankset. No saddle. Dia-compe calipers and brake levers = old school non-aero but the gum rubber hoods are still going good. Suntour Cyclone front mech and Shimano clamp on downtube shifters mounted in front of the suntour center mount for Suntour Asymmetric shifters.

An hour or two of lubing and she'll be ready to ride again.

Images he

https://www.flickr.com/photos/organi...rt_tab=new_set

Cheers

I assume from the photos that you were taking the new bike home from
the paint shop (not trying to build a "bicycle built for two"). What
sort of paint and approximately what did the painting and decals cost?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 31st 15, 04:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_6_]

wrote:

Images he
https://www.flickr.com/photos/organi...rt_tab=new_set

Nope. That's the link to the Yahoo Flickr "Organizer" for an upload.
Try again.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Thank you Jeff. Hopefully this one is the right one.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskjMpXeA

Cheers

It appears to be a very tall bike judging by the length of the
head-tube. Will you be able to ride it? Your white bike seems to be a
smaller frame.
I admire your home made Magicshine (or Magicshine clone) rear light.
With luck the bright rear flasher Nazis will notice it too and be
suitably offended.
PH
Old October 31st 15, 04:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Friday, October 30, 2015 at 7:57:37 PM UTC-4, Clive George wrote:
On 30/10/2015 23:22, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
I went today to pick up my new old miyata. It was a Seven ten not a six Ten.

700C Araya rims on old school Shimano 105 hubs with a 6-speed Shimano freewheel.

Interestingly enough it has a Campy rear mech. maybe andrew can tell me which one it is?

Sakae Custom bars, stem, seat post and crankset. No saddle. Dia-compe calipers and brake levers = old school non-aero but the gum rubber hoods are still going good. Suntour Cyclone front mech and Shimano clamp on downtube shifters mounted in front of the suntour center mount for Suntour Asymmetric shifters.

An hour or two of lubing and she'll be ready to ride again.

You've got stronger butt cheeks than me if you think a bike with no
saddle is ready to ride :-)

I just happened to have a number of saddles in my vintage parts boxes. So, with the addition of one of those saddles It's ready to go.

Btw, tthere used to be a long distance bicycle race where no one used a saddle. I forget what race it was.

Cheers
Old October 31st 15, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

Nope. I was bringing it home from the guy who sold it to me. That's all original paint and decals you see there.

Cheers
Old October 31st 15, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

The Miyata Seven Ten is 23.5" center of BB to center of top tube. Top tube is 22.5" long from venter of head tube to center of seat tube.

The Miyata is about 1" larger than what I'd like. The white bike has a smaller frame than my regular road bikes because that white bike is set up for off-road bike camping/touring.

I bought that Miyata for tthe wheels and tires.

I just finished rebuilding it. It now has Modolo brake calipers with Campy non-aero brake levers. I have an SR Campy clone crankset I'm thinking of using. I also have a couple of wheels with Campy Record hubs but they have tubular rims.

I'll take it for a short ride today to see how it rides/tracks and later i might sell it on Kijiji.

I'll add some more images of it to the album.

The cable guides are exactly what I need on a frame for my planned dura Ace AX or ^00 AX build but I prefer a 22.5" frame for that.

Cheers
Old October 31st 15, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 16:57:03 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

Thank you Jeff. Hopefully this one is the right one.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskjMpXeA
Cheers

Yep, that works.

Congratulations. Not too shabby for $30. The frame is far too large
for me. The rust gives it "character". Diacomp levers and hoods are
like mine, except my hoods have self destructed.

Looks like your Mayata 710 is quite different from my 610.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/bicycles/slides/Miyata-610.html

miyata unicyclejim Unicycling 1 February 28th 08 05:20 AM
Miyata CF Base + Miyata Handles + KH Cover = Wicked Trials Saddle. trials_uni Unicycling 15 August 12th 06 11:24 PM
new miyata wowunicycle Unicycling 6 August 7th 05 03:06 AM
Miyata or KH bigjohn_117 Unicycling 15 June 28th 05 07:55 PM
Miyata 721 j2pilot General 3 May 14th 04 02:16 PM