All Ready To Roll... Finally

Old November 12th 03, 10:44 PM
Jerry Everetts

Default All Ready To Roll... Finally

Well I finally got my bike back together and ready to roll after a
crash, I broke one of my XT shifters, so I replaced them with XTR
shifters, and I broke the Crown on my Marzocchi Z1 QR20, I had a line on
a used one, but unfortunatly that fell through, so I had to go directly
to Marzocchi, and I bought a brand new one. I even picked up a eTrex
Legend GPS and handlebar mount, to help out when exploring new areas. I
got rid of the REALLY long blue stem, the one that is on there now is
just a temp, my LBS ordered a Thompson for me which will be in on
Friday. Really looking forward to Sundays ride. Crossing my fingers for
no more bike trouble.
Since I am new, any pointers on setting my bike up will be appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/getitgone/mbike.html

Jerry

Old November 13th 03, 12:17 AM
John Harlow

Since I am new, any pointers on setting my bike up will be appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/getitgone/mbike.html

With your admitted propensity to endo, you might want to slightly loosen
your lever mounts to allow them to spin on the bars instead of snapping off.
And that GPS will be the first to absorb impact if the bike ends up
inverted...

Old November 13th 03, 12:40 AM
Jerry Everetts

John Harlow wrote:
Since I am new, any pointers on setting my bike up will be appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/getitgone/mbike.html

With your admitted propensity to endo, you might want to slightly loosen
your lever mounts to allow them to spin on the bars instead of snapping off.
And that GPS will be the first to absorb impact if the bike ends up
inverted...

The GPS is the cheapest thing on the bike, let it take the impact. Are
you serious about slightly loosening the levers? I would assume you mean
to the point where you cannot move it by hand, but no further.

Old November 13th 03, 12:57 AM
Dave W

"John Harlow" had this to say

Since I am new, any pointers on setting my bike up will be
appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/getitgone/mbike.html

With your admitted propensity to endo, you might want to slightly
loosen your lever mounts to allow them to spin on the bars instead of
snapping off. And that GPS will be the first to absorb impact if the
bike ends up inverted...

Yep. I've only bought "ONE" computer in my time. Most certainly a waste of
money in my case :-)

Dave
Old November 13th 03, 03:52 AM
Michael Dart

"Jerry Everetts" wrote in message
om...
John Harlow wrote:
Since I am new, any pointers on setting my bike up will be appreciated.

http://www.geocities.com/getitgone/mbike.html

With your admitted propensity to endo, you might want to slightly loosen
your lever mounts to allow them to spin on the bars instead of snapping

off.
And that GPS will be the first to absorb impact if the bike ends up
inverted...

The GPS is the cheapest thing on the bike, let it take the impact. Are
you serious about slightly loosening the levers? I would assume you mean
to the point where you cannot move it by hand, but no further.

Yes he's serious. Just snug them enough where you can't move them easily by
hand but will still move if you whack 'em. They'll be less likely to bend
the levers in an impact.

Mike

Behemoth's Steering Finally Fixed Elisa Francesca Roselli General 11 June 2nd 04 07:05 PM
I finally ordered a bicycle! Thanks to all those who helped me! Lobo Tommy General 1 March 30th 04 02:45 AM
Rain, Finally Scott General 7 February 21st 04 05:19 AM
Finally, it all comes together Craig Brossman Mountain Biking 1 October 8th 03 03:28 AM
OYB national family roadtrip finally launches! Jeff Potter General 5 July 18th 03 07:09 AM