Apparently Boyer is no longer in jail

Old November 16th 04, 06:42 AM
Awestruck

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message
news:iNemd.16402$233.12764@okepread05...

"Steven Bornfeld" wrote in message

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Jonathan Boyer, that is. No word on Phillippe Boyer.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld...p?insert=11057

Gee, this guy Spies has had injuries I've never heard of.
"Arm pump"?
At least he had his teeth taken care of.

Steve

Arm pump, as I understand it, is the development of the forearms due to
increased musculature which inhibits blood flow. When braking extremely

hard
on a roadracing motorcycle, the arms bear enormous pressure from the
deceleration G-forces. This happens 10-15 times/lap in a race. The

symptoms
of arm pump are numbing of the hands, leading to loss of hand strength and
more importantly, feel of the brakes and front end of the motorcycle. This
is bad. From the little I've read on the subject, the surgery unrestricts
the forearm muscles by cutting away a sheath around the muscles. It
apparently affects the judgement of selecting one's cycling companions as
well.

Motorcycle racing strikes me as one step away from Nascar mentality. He
probably idolizes Boyer.

Old November 16th 04, 06:52 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Awestruck" wrote in message

Motorcycle racing strikes me as one step away from Nascar mentality. He
probably idolizes Boyer.

Man, that's a nonsequitur if I ever read one.

Old November 16th 04, 06:52 AM
Carl Sundquist

Old November 16th 04, 06:56 AM
Stewart Fleming

Carl Sundquist wrote:
"Awestruck" wrote in message

Motorcycle racing strikes me as one step away from Nascar mentality. He
probably idolizes Boyer.

Man, that's a nonsequitur if I ever read one.

Dumas, I know how to spell non-sequitur.
(Hedge. Not Cut with. You know the rest.)

Old November 16th 04, 07:47 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

This is one of the worst threads I've read here thus far...

I'll try to make a Boyer comment he maybe he turned into a child molester
because he was so distraught with the false notion that he would have won a
world title but for Lemond's infamous chase.

Old November 16th 04, 08:20 AM
Howard Kveck

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Jonathan Boyer, that is. No word on Phillippe Boyer.

http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld...p?insert=11057

Gee, this guy Spies has had injuries I've never heard of.
"Arm pump"?
At least he had his teeth taken care of.

Steve

Arm pump, as I understand it, is the development of the forearms due to
increased musculature which inhibits blood flow. When braking extremely hard
on a roadracing motorcycle, the arms bear enormous pressure from the
deceleration G-forces. This happens 10-15 times/lap in a race. The symptoms
of arm pump are numbing of the hands, leading to loss of hand strength and
more importantly, feel of the brakes and front end of the motorcycle. This
is bad. From the little I've read on the subject, the surgery unrestricts
the forearm muscles by cutting away a sheath around the muscles.

It's officially referred to as "functional chronic compartment
syndrome", and it does involve cutting the facia sheath around the forearm
muscles. What I've seen on it seems to point toward about 5 or 6 weeks of
recovery/rehab, but many riders want to come back sooner than that
(surprise...). It is pretty common in the motocross world, too.
(Apparently, jackhammer operators get it, too.) This used to be a problem
in GP road racing until the development of the carbon brakes. But now that
the bikes are heavier and the throttle needs to be blipped for downshifts,
it has made a comeback.

--
tanx,
Howard

"It looks like the squirrel's been showing everybody
where he keeps his nuts."

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Old November 16th 04, 11:35 AM
B. Lafferty

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
This is one of the worst threads I've read here thus far...

I'll try to make a Boyer comment he maybe he turned into a child
molester
because he was so distraught with the false notion that he would have won
world title but for Lemond's infamous chase.

As an attorney, I have to admire that defense. If you're a good trial
lawyer, you could probably sell it to a jury.

unicyclist in jail leo Unicycling 8 August 10th 04 02:30 AM
Longer rides not with husband? Claire Petersky General 20 July 10th 04 05:48 AM
American crash cyclist gets 20 years in jail. Howard UK 23 November 25th 03 04:06 PM