How wrong can you get?

Old March 29th 05, 11:28 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default How wrong can you get?

I looked out of the window this morning and thought it looked nice and
sunny, probably quite warm. So off I set in shorts and long-sleeved
jersey, leaving the jacket at home (on the wedgie, the 'bent needs a
new gear cable and middle ring). It was a bit cold, but I consoled
myself with the thought that it would be nice and warm by evening, and
with BST I'd probably be able to put in a few miles on the way home.

So as I rode to the station in the ****ing rain at 9:30pm with a
failed front light and no waterproof, guess what sort of names I was
calling myself?

Secondary light and waterproof now packed. A commuter bike is a
commuter bike: never leave home without the backup lights and
emergency waterproof.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old March 30th 05, 11:58 AM
wafflycat

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message

Secondary light and waterproof now packed. A commuter bike is a
commuter bike: never leave home without the backup lights and
emergency waterproof.

I have been known to remind Nathan of this on the occasions he's cycled home
from college and arrived looking like a drowned rat ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 30th 05, 12:11 PM
Tony W

"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message

I have been known to remind Nathan of this on the occasions he's cycled

home
from college and arrived looking like a drowned rat ;-)

Tested / christened my brand new Lidl special bike jacket last night. It
proved warm and waterproof. :~)

10 of your English pounds less one whole penny -- bargain.

Bit of a bummer that winter is back so soon though.

Old March 30th 05, 03:29 PM
Pete Bentley

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I looked out of the window this morning and thought it looked nice and
sunny, probably quite warm. So off I set in shorts and long-sleeved
jersey, leaving the jacket at home

AOLMe too/AOL

Plus fingerless gloves which I especially enjoyed in that rather chilly
rain on the way home.

Managed to completely forget lights too, but by a stretch of the
imagination it wasn't quite lighting up time as I went home...

Pete.
Old March 30th 05, 09:26 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 30 Mar 2005 14:29:26 GMT, (Pete Bentley) wrote in
message :

Plus fingerless gloves which I especially enjoyed in that rather chilly
rain on the way home.

Ooh, nasty. At least I had my Sealskinz. But I'd just changed over
from the winter shoes (Northwave Fahrenheit, really excellent) so I
got seriously wet feet.

Guy