whats wrong with this picture?

Old June 2nd 05, 03:13 AM
Steve Knight

Default whats wrong with this picture?

I had this wheel made for me with a pantour suspension hub. Well after a few
months the bearings seized up. Thought something was wrong with the wheel so
they fixed it under warranty. Well I get it back (took almost a month) and 40
miles in the rain the bearings lock up again. Well I finally figured out they
had no grease in them (G) so I called and they said they had never had this
problem before. They said they would give me a check for the return shipping and
really look at the hub. Well I get it back today without a check and I was wise
and check the bearings and what do you see or lack of? Now this has been over a
5 month period and this is the third set of bearings. So are they shipping them
out without any grease?
I wish I just went to a local bearings shop and got some good American bearings
installed. It would have cost about the same as I spent in shipping and save
almost a month of waiting.
The hub does work well but come on now you get a return and notice no grease
in the bearings and you replace them it happens again and you never check to see
if any grease is present?

http://www.knight-toolworks.com/pictures/bearing.jpg

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes