Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

Old June 23rd 17, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

Default Bike race on the A3?? Are they f*cking joking!

What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

--
Spud

Old June 23rd 17, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 9:46:14 AM UTC+1, wrote:
What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

--
Spud

We get those jams in Yorkshire too!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_ZjzdoXcAEPk_Z.jpg
Old June 23rd 17, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Fri, 23 Jun 2017 10:46:52 +0100
TMS320 wrote:
On 23/06/17 09:46, d wrote:
What utter feeble minded feckwit thought it would be a good idea to hold
a bike race on the A3 south of guildford on a wednesday?? This is the main
dual carriageway from portsmouth to london with huge amounts of car and truck
traffic doing high speeds. Yet we had one bike every few hundred meters..

Some kind of "time trial" perhaps. If some people like to call it a
"race" it is a matter of opinion but there is a legal distinction.

No idea, end result for drivers is the same.

... causing
trucks to constantly swerve in and out with dangerous levels of braking of

the
cars. I genuinely think this was a highly dangerous and idiotic thing to
organise and shame on whoever gave permission.

I don't believe permission is needed to ride a bicycle.

Perhaps its time to ban bicycles from all roads where the national speed limit
applies, not just motorways.

I will accept that what you describe is annoying and maybe the law needs
tweaking but I don't understand why anyone thinks that riding on such a
fast, busy road embodies an idea of fun.

Like most people I occasionally ride a bike for leisure but you sure as hell
wouldn't get me riding on that road for any money. Its a motorway in all but
name.

--
Spud

Old June 24th 17, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 10:46:54 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

I will accept that what you describe is annoying and maybe the law needs
tweaking but I don't understand why anyone thinks that riding on such a
fast, busy road embodies an idea of fun.

THIS is fun!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDFetxPXUAACSbj.jpg
Old June 24th 17, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

**** off you health and softy ****.

--
Up until 1948 there was a gold medal for town planning in the Olympics.