Video: Moment driver 'with cloudy windscreen' hits cyclist

Old March 21st 18, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Video: Moment driver 'with cloudy windscreen' hits cyclist

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/
--
Bod
Old March 22nd 18, 01:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000
Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

"Couldn't see because demister wasn't working." When I was a lad
demisters never worked when you needed them - I always keep a cloth in
the car for wiping the windows, but if that idiot did likewise it
would probably result in "couldn't steer because wiping window".

Old March 23rd 18, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

"Couldn't see because demister wasn't working." When I was a lad
demisters never worked when you needed them - I always keep a cloth in
the car for wiping the windows, but if that idiot did likewise it
would probably result in "couldn't steer because wiping window".

If I am approaching a give-eay line and see a vehicle - any vehicle -
approaching from the left with its right indicator flashing, I hang back
some way from the give way line. Cutting corners is far too prevalent.
Old April 4th 18, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000, Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

Why was the cyclist cycling on the RHS of the road for part of the journey?????

He seemed to be wobbling a bit as well - perhaps he was trying to use his
mobile.
Old April 4th 18, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 5:23:35 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000, Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

Why was the cyclist cycling on the RHS of the road for part of the journey?????

He seemed to be wobbling a bit as well - perhaps he was trying to use his
mobile.

Yes - this cyclist killed Kim Briggs and here he is on his mobile with a smirk on his face.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/mobile...-year-6963209/
Old April 4th 18, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 5:23:35 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000, Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

Why was the cyclist cycling on the RHS of the road for part of the
journey?????

He seemed to be wobbling a bit as well - perhaps he was trying to
use his mobile.

Yes - this cyclist killed Kim Briggs and here he is on his mobile
with a smirk on his face.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/mobile...-year-6963209/

How is the new job Simon?

Old April 4th 18, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 6:57:59 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 5:23:35 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 10:44:19 +0000, Bod wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

Why was the cyclist cycling on the RHS of the road for part of the
journey?????

He seemed to be wobbling a bit as well - perhaps he was trying to
use his mobile.

Yes - this cyclist killed Kim Briggs and here he is on his mobile
with a smirk on his face.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/mobile...-year-6963209/

How is the new job Simon?

I went back to the plant and handed all of their test gear back as I don't want a job until I downsize as it is too much in petrol/tyres etc to get there. I had not signed a contract anyway. Once I get moved out, I can start looking for work again.
Old April 4th 18, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

http://metro.co.uk/video/moment-driv...clist-1652238/

Why was the cyclist cycling on the RHS of the road for part of the
journey?????

He seemed to be wobbling a bit as well - perhaps he was trying to
use his mobile.

Yes - this cyclist killed Kim Briggs and here he is on his mobile
with a smirk on his face.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/28/mobile...-year-6963209/

How is the new job Simon?

I went back to the plant and handed all of their test gear back as I
don't want a job until I downsize as it is too much in petrol/tyres
etc to get there. I had not signed a contract anyway. Once I get
moved out, I can start looking for work again.

Sorry to hear about this.
To be honest Simon and I have said this before - you are just too old. I
have been there.
Go drive a chemists van or a taxi or something. They don't care about age.
Good luck.