Christmas shopping simplified...

Old December 23rd 07, 01:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Graeme Dods

Default Christmas shopping simplified...

Now I've discovered the real reason I bought a convertible kid's bike
trailer/pram! Yesterday I was sent by the boss to do some last minute
Christmas shopping at the local shopper's hell (Carousel, for anyone
around Perth). The list wasn't too long but it included a few rather
large items which I'll not list (just in case my 4 year old has
suddenly learned to read and stumbled across aus.bicycle) but they
needed to be bought from a number of different shops quite a distance
apart. Thankfully I remembered that the trailer had an extra wheel so
I could wheel it round the shops. It's a bit on the wide side, but
it's certainly more maneuverable than a normal shopping trolley.

I'm not totally sure what was the best part of the trip. Was it
cruising past the huge queues of traffic waiting to get in and out?
Was it not having to drive up and down looking for a parking space? I
think it was probably the adoring looks and smiles of people walking
past and saying to their kids "Aaw, look at the little baby" only to
peer closer and see that the baby was in fact a big toy in a cardboard
box that had a photo of a smiling kid on it :-)

Graeme