Cruzbike Info??

Old December 23rd 07, 08:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fulliautomatix

Default Cruzbike Info??

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
In aus.bicycle on Sun, 23 Dec 2007 17:02:53 +1100
Hmm, for some reason I thought 750. 450's not so bad.

The biggest hassle with suspended bikes is that the cheap ones are utter
crap and the good ones are not cheap. People do seem to be managing
conversions OK on low end bikes, although maybe not absolute bottom
K-Mart ones.

I did look at ebay, the only Y frames are from the one suppier and I
suspect they are just like the $100 kmart bikes. I wonder what the
chance of finding a good Y frame at Theft Converters is?

Not that I'd know how to tell a good duallie if I saw it.

Zebee

Yes, a lot of the Commercial seller Ebay bikes look about the same as
you'd get a K-Mart / BigW

I eventually got a decent donor (Mongoose 'Wing Sport') at a price I was
happy with after 3 months or so looking everywhere at bicycles.

I thought one of these would be good, http://tiny.cc/w8LHL , but they go
for about $450.

A great problem is that all of the new/ish duallies have disc brakes,
making the conversion a bit less bolt on, hopefully Cruzbike will add
disc brake tabs to their kit in the next month or so...or I'll have to
find me a friendly TIG welder

My aim is to build a crosstown express with an electric motor at the
rear (hub motor or brushless DC via chain) and Cruzbike front

CruzBike? (PeteCresswell) Techniques 41 December 12th 07 01:58 PM
CruzBike? Tom Sherman[_2_] Recumbent Biking 31 December 12th 07 01:58 PM
CruzBike? Tom Sherman[_2_] Recumbent Biking 2 November 29th 07 12:42 AM
cruzbike Silvio Greg[_3_] Recumbent Biking 3 August 24th 07 08:20 PM
Cruzbike Silvio Greg[_3_] Recumbent Biking 1 August 24th 07 11:06 AM