Any messenger bags with stiffeners?

Old January 27th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

Default Any messenger bags with stiffeners?

BOOKS ARE HEAVY, no ? esp the $85 texts

but the bag here works better than a messenger. string with tail
lights side and rear.

I've used both extensively. the messenger is clumsy sometimes
dangerously clumsy, a day pack follows body movements

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___90301

Old January 27th 10, 04:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jan 26, 6:42*pm, wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
Put a rack and basket on the bicycle.
Get a couple tie downs. The more you
can carry on the bicycle the more you
will want to carry. Soon you will be
stopping at the grocery store on your
way home.

Too much fussing around!!

need something to wear so that can jump off bike and go
directly into CROWDED classroom.... no wasting of time

Either get a shoulder bag with structure sewn
into the shape (these tend not to be as nice/burly/
waterproof as the real-deal messenger bags)
or buy a $1.09 clipboard at the bookstore/office
supply place and use that to stiffen the bag
contents, problem solved.

Ben
Old January 27th 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 26, 6:51*pm, datakoll wrote:
BOOKS ARE HEAVY, no ? esp the $85 texts

but the bag here works better than a messenger. string with tail
lights side and rear.

I've used both extensively. the messenger is clumsy sometimes
dangerously clumsy, a day pack follows body movements

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___90301

$85 texts? Those are from the olden times when you and I went to
school. Now, those texts are way over $100 and sometimes way over
$200.
Old January 27th 10, 01:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

On Jan 25, 4:14*pm, wrote:
I want to start walking and bike riding back/forth
between school and home. *Abt 2 miles one way.

I need something to carry some books but mostly
notebooks and pens with me.

Id prefer a messenger bag but the small one I have has
no internal stiffeners in it so when full of notebooks
it flops over with no form when in class.

I was thinking there must be some good messenger bags
with some stiffening in them.

Any opinions on brand/models??

Since going to school is creating so much trouble, the solution is
just to quit school, either studying or working there. You could just
buy an expensive motorized vehicle to stimulate the economy.
Preferably a very large GM, Ford or Chrysler. The larger, heavier and
less efficient, the more you will stimulate the economy by buying lots
of gas, replacing lots of tires and other parts and living a
significant environmental footprint that will require others to work
towards cleaning it.
Old January 27th 10, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

" wrote:

$85 texts? Those are from the olden times when you and I went to
school. Now, those texts are way over $100 and sometimes way over
$200.

True dat..... most are more costly than $85
Old January 27th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Michael Press wrote:

Book bag in the basket.

Yeah that idea would work I guess..... just keep fully
loaded backpack in basket
Old January 27th 10, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

http://www.pelican.com/case_category...ze=%25&New=New

kills prob dead.

Computer messenger bags? [email protected][_2_] Social Issues 2 August 27th 09 04:31 AM
messenger bags aren't illegal [email protected] Techniques 0 August 11th 06 08:25 PM
Messenger bags vs belt packs? [email protected] Techniques 33 May 9th 05 01:50 AM
messenger bags? Pat General 13 January 29th 05 10:23 PM
bike messenger bags? wle General 13 September 7th 04 03:05 PM