Edinburgh Cycle Shop Query

Old May 26th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Edinburgh Cycle Shop Query

I recently spotted that there is a new (probably been there a couple of
years but I live a quiet life) cycle shop open at the old City Cycles
spot on Rodney Street in Edinburgh. There called The Bike Chain and
seem a bit 'hip 'n' happening' in style - the only other branch seems
to be Brighton.

I quite like the fact they do Orange which is good to have available in
Edinburgh. Anyone used them?
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Old May 26th 06, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve Hodgson wrote:
I recently spotted that there is a new (probably been there a couple of
years but I live a quiet life) cycle shop open at the old City Cycles
spot on Rodney Street in Edinburgh. There called The Bike Chain and seem
a bit 'hip 'n' happening' in style - the only other branch seems to be
Brighton.

I quite like the fact they do Orange which is good to have available in
Edinburgh. Anyone used them?

I popped in once at the start of last winter to get a new pair of warm
leggings, unfortunately they didn't do my size. They were very helpful
though and potentially saved me the journey to Alpine bikes by giving
them a call to see what they had. As it turns out they did have what I
was after.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

"There is a wicked pretense that one has been informed. But no
such thing has truly occurred! A mere slogan, an empty litany.
No arguments are heard, no evidence is weighed. It isn't news at
all, only a source of amusement for idlers." (Gibson-Sterling,
The Difference Engine)
Old May 27th 06, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve Hodgson wrote:
I recently spotted that there is a new (probably been there a couple of
years but I live a quiet life) cycle shop open at the old City Cycles
spot on Rodney Street in Edinburgh. There called The Bike Chain and seem
a bit 'hip 'n' happening' in style - the only other branch seems to be
Brighton.

I quite like the fact they do Orange which is good to have available in
Edinburgh. Anyone used them?

They are linked to Aktive8 (outdoor clothing/equipment) in Lothian Road
who I've dealt with on many occasions. Very knowledgeable team.

druidh
Old May 28th 06, 01:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Steve Hodgson wrote:
I recently spotted that there is a new (probably been there a couple of
years but I live a quiet life) cycle shop open at the old City Cycles
spot on Rodney Street in Edinburgh. There called The Bike Chain and
seem a bit 'hip 'n' happening' in style - the only other branch seems
to be Brighton.

I quite like the fact they do Orange which is good to have available in
Edinburgh. Anyone used them?
--
Cheers,

Steve

The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

Bought a few bits n bobs off them... nothing much, but helpful staff,
and a handy rail to lock your bike to outside !

M.

BBC cycling farcility pics needed NOW wafflycat UK 21 March 13th 06 02:16 PM
Cycling in Edinburgh! Colin Blackburn UK 9 July 21st 04 10:20 AM
Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM