Lance Armstrong just glad International Cycling Union Doesn't Test for Heroin

Old June 10th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Lance Armstrong just glad International Cycling Union Doesn't Test for Heroin

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old June 10th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Claire Petersky wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Well, you know, with those skinny arms it's really easy to find veins.

Off the bike and on the horse, BS

Old June 10th 06, 06:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:05:34 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Is anyone running a pool on how long it'll be before some journalist
or pundit mistakes that article for real news? It wouldn't be the
first time it had happened to The Onion.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old June 10th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Well, you know, with those skinny arms it's really easy to find veins.

Off the bike and on the horse, BS

Well people,
Lance could take up power rowing and have an Arnold build in a few
months. I know since I did that for about 6 months after work and
imagined my bosses neck being the oar handles. Nobody could come close
to me on an arm wrestle. Of course my biking slipped but I got my cardio
from rowing my 16 foot, 800 pound fiberglass over wood boat into the
wind and around the lake, about 4 miles a night. I went from skinny on
top with big legs to skinny legs and big on top. Never could find the
right balance though. The upside was that on returning to my back yard
dock I could just jump off the boat into the water and take an instant
bath. Gotta love northern Illinois with all those lakes.
Bill Baka
Old June 10th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Well, you know, with those skinny arms it's really easy to find veins.

Now, now, I'm sure he can find a fashion model to show him the correct
way to inject to avoid unsightly needle marks.

Off the bike and on the horse, BS

It's a shame that there always seems to be a stable of journalists
around to trot these stories out. Someone should really rein them in
before they come to a full gallop with them.

--
Dane Buson -
"It ain't over 'til it's over, and maybe not then either.
Old June 10th 06, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Is anyone running a pool on how long it'll be before some journalist
or pundit mistakes that article for real news? It wouldn't be the
first time it had happened to The Onion.

I'm particularly amused that the Delay legal fund site uses a Colbert
Report clip. I'm not sure if it's still there, so I also linked to a
page that talks about it.

http://www.defenddelay.com
http://www.boingboing.net/2006/05/24...ign_cites.html

--
Dane Buson -
"I only touch base with reality on an as-needed basis!"
Old June 10th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Is anyone running a pool on how long it'll be before some journalist
or pundit mistakes that article for real news? It wouldn't be the
first time it had happened to The Onion.

It's happened on these newsgroups. I was responding to more and more
outlandish allegations about the actions of the US government from one
(unnamed) poster, and finally the poster mentioned his source as The
Onion.

I pointed out that it was a parody news source. His reply? "Since
when?". LOL. Just as funny, lots of people think they're watching a
real "news broadcast" on Saturday Night Live.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old June 11th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Dane Buson" wrote in message
Sorni wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49363

Well, you know, with those skinny arms it's really easy to find veins.

Now, now, I'm sure he can find a fashion model to show him the correct
way to inject to avoid unsightly needle marks.

Off the bike and on the horse, BS

(clip) It's a shame that there always seems to be a stable of journalists
around to trot these stories out. Someone should really rein them in
before they come to a full gallop with them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
These must be *unstable* journalists. They *run* these stories in an effort
to *snow* the public, but a *Gallop* poll shows they are not believed.

Buson, you do realize, I hope, they are just *horsing* around.

Old June 11th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Sorni wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

[...]

Wrong NG Bill, you need to post his on alt.baka.I'm.thegreatest

Old June 11th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

R Brickston wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
Sorni wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:

[...]

I am not in any way attempting to emulate Dolan, just stating what I
personally did to take out my frustration rather than actually strangle
the asshole I worked for. Power rowing a real boat and chasing the geese
on the lake is so much more motivating than a cement anchored rowing
machine in a gym that I got really into it, hence muscles. That is how
exercise works, not a brag. It was like lifting weights 2 or 3 hours
every day.
Besides, have you ever been just sitting in the middle of a lake and had
about 2,000 Canada geese come in for a landing over your head?
"Please, nobody poop, please.".
Was there, did do that, don't believe me, I don't care.
1993, Lindenhurst, Illinois.
Bill (ex arm wrestler) Baka